Author Topic: Corona VR - General Discussion and Help  (Read 30005 times)

2017-06-19, 13:24:20
Reply #30

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi INgenia,

Would it be possible to email an example image of the distortion to grimes@corona-renderer.com? This will be kept private and only used for the purposes of testing by ourselves and, if necessary, theConstruct, and not shared or used in any way.

Thanks!
   Tom
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-07-07, 16:32:55
Reply #31

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Updates to Corona VR beta are going out today. Full details on the blog post at https://corona-renderer.com/blog/coronavr-july-update/

Summary of changes:
– The ability to link CoronaVR to your Google Drive for easy synchronization of images between your PC and mobile device (no need to move images manually onto your phone)

– So that you can easily choose to sync either or both versions of the app to GoogleDrive, the Gear VR version of the app has been renamed to “Corona GearVR” (the Android version keeps the same name “Corona VR”)

– The ability to add an icon to run the Corona GearVR version right from your mobile device desktop (to skip going through the GearVR Oculus environment)

– The Corona VrWarp helper object in 3ds Max to create walk-throughs without using any external software (been in Corona Renderer for a while, with a tutorial video out for it - just the first time it's in a blog article)

– Improvements in image quality and performance

As with all things in beta, we welcome your feedback from testing.

Thanks!
   Tom

2017-07-07, 19:11:37
Reply #32

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
App does not work properly on:
Xiaomi Redmi note 2, starts and looks good but when I try to load image all I see are the markers for other rooms.

Is there a workaround?
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-07-07, 19:17:51
Reply #33

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The image shows as black?

There are hardware limitations on every phone on the max texture size they can display - this determines the largest resolution you can view in the app. Thing is, the max texture size is not a specification that is widely publicized anywhere.

Some phones have max texture size limitations of 4K for example, in which case a 4K render is as large as you can view in the app (or any app, for that matter). You could try the same image at a lower res like 4K or 2K and see if it becomes viewable then, and this will help you find out the max texture size the phone hardware can handle. It would be great if there was a list somewhere with that information, but I've not found one yet, so far only seen the max texture size specs for iOS (which is 4K).

Let me know if changing the resolution of the render does let the image show in the app, and what the make and model of phone is if so.

Thanks!
   Tom

PS - if this is the cause, because it is a hardware limitation, there is no workaround, the phone can only handle images of a certain size (as textures), which means any renders you want to view on that device would need to be kept under their max texture resolution size.

2017-07-08, 13:42:57
Reply #34

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
I udnerstand that but same images work in other aps fine, but I guess they must be handling it diffrent.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-07-10, 13:56:28
Reply #35

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Most likely would depend on whether they are using the image as a texture - for example, viewing it as a 2D image, in a photo app for example, then it would not be being used as a texture so would display just fine. With VR being 3D though, the image is loaded and used as a texture map, which is where the max texture size limitation comes in, depending on the GPU on the phone I believe.

2017-07-10, 18:38:47
Reply #36

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What about EXR matadata ?
I made a request some time ago here ->https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,15978.0.html
It has been marked as resolved feature request but it's not..

2017-07-10, 18:53:30
Reply #37

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, it was marked as resolved in the sense that "No VR apps use EXR so adding the meta data has no use" so there was no work to do - but then the request was explained in more detail, which is, "Save the metadata to EXR so that the CIE can read it and we can apply processing there, and the CIE can then write the metadata to the JPG when saved from the CIE." This means it could warrant further investigation as a possible feature, based on that usage case and may be re-opened :)

2017-07-10, 21:36:16
Reply #38

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply. Indeed, my initial request was misunderstood (and probably badly explained). The point here is to be able to post-process panoramas as any other renders, with 32bits capabilities and with metadata preservation, without being obliged to rerender it each time we want to intervene on post-processing. I know we can copy metadata from initial jpg and copy them to the final jpg (converted from post-processed exr). But this requires us to save the file twice (once in jpg and once in exr) and it introduce inefficient/unwanted manipulations.

2017-07-11, 11:32:28
Reply #39

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Hi guys,

Great work on GDrive integration at last! This is working ok and should save us a lot of hassle. Should make management a lot easier.

Cheers,
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-07-13, 15:20:58
Reply #40

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

Is there any roadmap concerning the coronaVR app? Do you have a planned realease date ?

2017-07-13, 16:57:46
Reply #41

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No roadmap published at this time, and no fixed release date - we're taking a look at where the line can be drawn to call it version 1.0. I'll let you know as soon as either roadmap or estimated release date are available!

2017-07-13, 23:24:35
Reply #42

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-09-07, 15:28:47
Reply #43

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I got a question - I am rendering now a huuuuuge warehouse with a clients 100meter long "product".
My farm-computers are making 24 VR-images and now I started to think - Is DoF possible in the current Corona VR-images?
Have to say I havent tried it. Would be cool to get some blur, just a minor blur to objects/walls/etc which are in the background.

Or If it is possible, could you guys code a fake DoF for the Warp-object? As in > Everything which are over [X] meter from the warp-object,
will be blurred.

Or #2 - will Photoshop destroy the warp-data if I open a Corona JPEG, take the blur tool, just quickly draw some blur to the image
and then click "save"?

2017-09-07, 15:30:20
Reply #44

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
I got a question - I am rendering now a huuuuuge warehouse with a clients 100meter long "product".
My farm-computers are making 24 VR-images and now I started to think - Is DoF possible in the current Corona VR-images?
Have to say I havent tried it. Would be cool to get some blur, just a minor blur to objects/walls/etc which are in the background.

Or If it is possible, could you guys code a fake DoF for the Warp-object? As in > Everything which are over [X] meter from the warp-object,
will be blurred.

Or #2 - will Photoshop destroy the warp-data if I open a Corona JPEG, take the blur tool, just quickly draw some blur to the image
and then click "save"?

In answer to your part 2 - no, the warp data is simply metadata stored in the JPG header. You can edit however you like, as long as you don't remove/alter the metadata.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com