198 (33.3%)
SSS
90 (15.1%)
Metal Materials
87 (14.6%)
GI vs. Animation
121 (20.3%)

Total Members Voted: 393

Author Topic: *Most wanted tutorial topics*  (Read 78339 times)

2015-07-23, 14:59:01
Reply #30

Eder_Xavier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ABOUT CLEAN NOISE FASTER ON INTERIOR SCENES..... I´M SURE THAT COULD BE A GREAT HELPFULL TUTORIAL.....
hi, I think corona helpdesk has your need. check this, https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000501983

I´m not just looking for a guide like "How to get rid of excessive noise",  I´ve allready read all of these topics but could be helpfull talk about tips about optimize the render time to clean the noise render faster.

2015-09-03, 21:15:18
Reply #31

saladin yus

• Users
    • View Profile
arch viz material 3ds max .for some one who doesn't know Vray mat

2015-10-03, 23:41:58
Reply #32

alexandrecollaco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A bit complicated for me to grasp that concept at the moment, but i bookmarked this topic, so i come back at it later for sure :]

BTW, in your strawberry tutorial you used IOR at value 1.0 or just slightly above. Wouldn't be more physically correct to use higher IOR, like close to fresnel IOR values? Did you do that for performance reasons or there's something else?

Nope, i just did not find higher IOR values looking right. But i knew nothing has 1.0 IOR, so i tried to add at least some.

When i observed real strawberry, i found out that light doesn't bend and refracts inside that much, but at the same time, i did find that using translucency only made strawberries look too solid and not watery and juicy enough. So i added some refraction to the mix, yet i found out that when i increased refraction IOR, light bending was too significant and did not look like the real strawberry i was looking at :) So the only way to have still somewhat not completely solid, but also not oddly refractive strawberry was to use unrealistically low IOR :)

Amazing strawberry tutorials.
I`m still trying to figure out exactly the SSS but I think I`ll get there.
What about a strawberry cut in half with a texture mapping it, I`m trying to make it work but I`m not sure where to use the diffuse texture. Any idea?

2016-03-20, 02:08:02
Reply #33

@matrix

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The basic materials tutorial you guys posted on your youtube is excellent! I think you should do more material creation videos I really like seeing how you guys create correct materials that look good in corona!!

2016-05-03, 15:22:15
Reply #34

swaoamit

Mostly the animations fall under 1 of 4 categories:

- indoors with no moving objects
- indoors with moving objects
- outdoors with no moving objects
- outdoors with moving objects

A concise overview of the GI/render-settings for each category and some explanation of why they (ie the settings) have to be so.
Not an hour long video but more like a quick setup-guide that refreshes your memory.

Cheerio!

An much needed tutorial, I must say.

Why not add this subject in the poll too - Animation Settings

Which would consist Material Optimization (i.e. Displace, Translucency, Opacity), Geometry Optimization (i.e. Displace, Thickness - Shell Modifier?), Lighting Optimization (i.e. Portals, Shapes, Light Material) and finally Rendering Optimization (All the goodies from Render Settings) for Animation with camera movement as well as moving objects too.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-03, 15:26:43 by swaoamit »

2016-05-22, 08:27:34
Reply #35

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Is there a tutorial for using denoising and how it's settings work planned?

2016-05-22, 16:03:36
Reply #36

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes, definitely!
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-07-10, 20:02:18
Reply #37

MarsYellow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe some more 3D environment tut similar to the sand procedural map video you already have ,and some more info on corona sky i tried to create overcast scene but had no luck .

2016-07-10, 20:33:07
Reply #38

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Add Corona sky and sun to scene, set sun's intensity to 0, but don't disable it, open sky map in material editor and rise turbidity to 6-8 and you'll have pretty good overcast sky. You may need to adjust exposure and color temperature a little bit.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-07-11, 11:26:41
Reply #39

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Add Corona sky and sun to scene, set sun's intensity to 0, but don't disable it, open sky map in material editor and rise turbidity to 6-8 and you'll have pretty good overcast sky. You may need to adjust exposure and color temperature a little bit.

I didn't realise you could still get some soft direction by turning the sun to 0, I thought 0 would be the same as disabled. Not bad, Thanks.

2016-07-11, 11:38:11
Reply #40

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yep, with sun turned off, you get unrealistic monotone sky colour, but when sun is active and its intensity is zero, it's like sun is fully covered by clouds layer, and very diffuse, but still directional light is coming through. That gives very nice lighting, which i often love to utilize instead of simple studio setup.

2016-07-11, 12:47:43
Reply #41

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
See, I learned something new :- )

(I almost think you are the only person who had found out this).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-07-11, 13:08:27
Reply #42

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Nah, i think maru had posted similar findings some time ago. Although i knew that trick even before he had posted it :]]

2016-07-11, 13:49:52
Reply #43

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Another trick again :) thanx romullus!

2016-07-11, 16:09:51
Reply #44

MarsYellow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
romullus well that is the kind of tips i love
i think you should probably create a post with all the tips that are buried deep in the renderer and not abvious to the user