Author Topic: Included light sources in CShading_LightSelect were delected  (Read 5063 times)

2018-11-01, 10:41:59

ImBatman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone. I got a bug of corona 1.7.
I setup the CShading_LightSelect manually and saved element preset on hard drive. Then I load the preset and all the included light sources of CShading_LightSelect were gone.
I didn't use Setup LightMix button because there were so many unique lights in the scene.

Please help! Thank you very much!

2018-11-02, 08:37:24
Reply #1

ImBatman

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-11-02, 09:04:45
Reply #2

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It could be that the preset system in 3dsmax doesn't store object data (since it's scene related and presets are meant to be scene independant), only renderer related settings. If that's the case, it's probably not a Corona issue. But can't say for sure...

2018-11-02, 10:30:26
Reply #3

ImBatman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It could be that the preset system in 3dsmax doesn't store object data (since it's scene related and presets are meant to be scene independant), only renderer related settings. If that's the case, it's probably not a Corona issue. But can't say for sure...

All the light objects are still there in the scene. I saved the preset then loaded it immediately, but the lights sources in CShading_LightSelect were <deleted>. I did not change anything in the scene before loaded the preset.

2018-11-02, 10:57:20
Reply #4

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I guess this is similar to when you have two instanced objects, and you save out one of them and merge again, the instancing will not be present anymore. The object reference is valid only for the current max session probably, and cannot be reproduced once it's been 'off-loaded'. I'm really just guessing, but it would make sense why it doesn't work anymore.

2018-11-02, 12:20:36
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We will try reproducing this.

Meanwhile, is there any specific reason why you are using Corona 1.7 and not v2? https://corona-renderer.com/download/
We are also close to releasing v3.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-11-05, 02:36:18
Reply #6

ImBatman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much you guys! I will check out the corona v2

2018-12-10, 11:47:08
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Logged in internal tracker as id=298817404

2019-07-26, 13:57:58
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Unfortunately it is confirmed that this is a 3ds Max limitation. Scene-specific information cannot be contained within render presets.