Author Topic: Setting the maps value/amount  (Read 775 times)

2020-09-14, 12:34:23

husherson2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey there folks!
Recently I've been experimenting with Corona for Cinema 4D. I'm coming from 3Ds Max and everything is pretty much the same except for one thing:

Setting the value/amount/level of contribution a map will have on the slot that it's placed. And I can't find it anywhere.

What do you mean by that? For example: I want to have my glossiness mapped, but at some level, I would like to have the 0.8 regular value contributing to the glossiness to (like a mix of both the regular 0-1 values and the map). Setting things like this it's really helpful sometimes. 

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7371/10978244716_00a9c4c3b3_o.jpg - this image wasn't made by me, but here you can see a good example. At the "maps" tab, every value is like an opacity if you will, so you can have a mix of the glossiness value (0.98 at this case) + 70% of the map. On the diffuse you can see the same approach with a mix of a color and a map.

Does anyone know if this is available on Corona for C4D or it's something only for 3Ds Max? If so, is there anyway around it?

Thanks!