Author Topic: Resume rendering  (Read 2058 times)

2020-09-14, 08:16:00

bango74

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It is since I got Corona and started using it that I wanted to understand how restarting the CXR works, I don't know if other users have problems, but those few times I have used it has always caused me problems.
In the sense that the file that I initially save as a file to be reused to restart the cxr is obviously perfect, but if I restart the rendering phase at the new save the lightmix would seem to have problems, I would like to know once and for all how it works, and if it has any limits, thanks.
I will share the two sample files in the dedicated section.

2020-09-14, 08:55:17
Reply #1

bango74

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To explain myself better I share two images, the first is the cxr saved during the first rendering phase, and as you will notice the lighting is correct, obviously there is still a lot of noise, the second is the cxr file after resuming the rendering, the light sources seem to no longer work, the image is practically in the dark.
Sorry if I only shared a detail but unfortunately I can't share the whole image.
I hope to resolve this issue within the day, unfortunately I have delivery times to respect.

2020-09-14, 10:46:24
Reply #2

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello bango74,

after loading the .cxr to continue rendering, do you by any chance have BEAUTY pass selected, rather than LightMix? (In the top middle part of the Corona VFB).

Please check and let me know, if this doesn't help, I'll investigate further.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2020-09-14, 12:04:37
Reply #3

bango74

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Jan, I tried to start rendering with lightmix selected in the window, in fact something has changed, but there still seems to be something wrong, at least in my case.
 I enclose the result below. Now, after this attempt that I had never considered, I understand that the new cxr has only the channel selected in the box.

2020-09-14, 12:45:27
Reply #4

mmarcotic

• Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
I also noticed some issues with lights resetting to a certain value after loading the .cxr and I'm doing some further investigation.
For now what seems to be working for me is:
1) After you stop the render to save it as .cxr, save the scene as a whole as well.
2) After you load the scene at some point in the future, first let it render for a few seconds from scratch
3) Render from file: your saved .cxr

This way, I was getting the same values and representations from the lightmix pass. I know that this is very clunky and absolutely not user friendly. I'll pass it forward for rethinking.

Please, try the steps I outlined in your scene and let me know about the outcome.
For me, following these steps resulted in the following (attaching pictures)

2020-09-14, 14:00:22
Reply #5

bango74

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok perfect, now it works, I did the steps you described to me, I would think that this step was crucial (2 After you load the scene at some point in the future, first let it render for a few seconds from scratch), the others these are steps I had already taken.
Thanks a lot Jan for the helpfulness.
Instead I think I have not understood this note of yours (I also noticed some issues with lights resetting to a certain value after loading the .cxr and I'm doing some further investigation.)

2020-09-14, 14:07:46
Reply #6

mmarcotic

• Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
I'm glad it works for you. We've probably identified the issue already and have logged it internally. Until this fix is ready to be deployed, please, always hit the render for a little while :).
Don't worry about the sentence, it was poorly written :D.

Thanks for showing us the issue,
Jan

2020-09-14, 14:30:57
Reply #7

bango74

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the assistance, thanks to you :)