Author Topic: Mac Team Renders dropping out all the time...  (Read 1070 times)

2020-09-11, 20:03:41

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Support forum!

Hope you are all well & safe. Not 100% sure if this is a Corona problem. I recently switched my main workstation to Windows 10 Pro (64GB Ram, Intel Core 9, 10th Gen, RTX2080). When I send jobs to Team Render, both my Macs keep going off-line and need to keep re-activating them in the TR Machines window. All my animations keep missing frames because of this and need to re-render small sections again. REALLY annoying and time-consuming. Does anyone else have the same problem? These are not big animations, only 300 frames with very simple setups. Have a good weekend all :-) John.

2020-09-17, 03:45:03
Reply #1

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have definitely had a similar problem. The jobs are initiated on the Mac, and shared with two Windows servers. One issue is the Mac that launched the job will show the Windows clients as offline, but when I check the Windows machines, the clients are indeed rendering as expected. This makes it appear that they drop offline.

The main issue is like yours. Sometimes they do drop out of the rendering which is annoying. One thing I noticed is, if there is already an Team Render animation in progress and I add a new client, this will make the Windows clients drop offline. I mostly sure it's just the Windows clients. I haven't had too many missing frames, but maybe the free plugin from Nitroman could help:

https://nitro4d.com/product/magicmissframe/