Author Topic: layered texture - only one texture element at one position on top  (Read 2177 times)

2021-01-18, 14:07:31

atin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I created a ground on  a room with floor texture, worked well (See attachment "ground"). Now I want to have a scratch on top (see tex attachment "scratch") in front of one chair.

How to archive that?

Problem: scratches are repeating and they are to big (see "error"). The layered texture base element has the right size at all and I like it, so I only want to place and resize the "scratch" layer and make it non-repeat, too.

Possible?

Please help

2021-01-18, 16:09:13
Reply #1

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
feature=emb_logo
You might try and investigate using the Projector.

CU
Michael

2021-01-18, 22:14:23
Reply #2

atin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It works, thanks, but not that easy like described in the video - you have to create layer in the texture/bump/reflectence ..... e.g.  tab and then the order of things is inside the layer:

3. (Projector, too) Texture element
2. (Projector) Texture Element alpha (activate: Layer Mask)
1. Base texture

Its a workaround, video very helpful, anyway.

Maybe that feature should be a future feature request.

« Last Edit: 2021-01-18, 22:22:46 by atin »

2021-01-19, 05:00:49
Reply #3

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If it is just about adding a "label" or "decal" on the floor, use a second material with a mask in Opacity and put it next to your base material in the Object Manager.
If you want to add "real bump" on an already rough surface, you will have to do a little more work to fix the textures in their desired places (via Projector), but then your possibilities are endless.
Although I admit that the projector shader is not the most elegant thing to use.