Author Topic: Cantilever House  (Read 4412 times)

2018-07-26, 00:53:32

Guilherme

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AX2 STUDIO
Hello 3D friends!

I wanted to share with you my latest project the "Cantilever House".
This is a non-commissioned project developed for Saint Gallen, in northeastern Switzerland.

Click the link below for the full story:
http://issuu.com/ax2studio/docs/cantilever_house?e=33915211/63383682

If you like it, give us a follow on our instagram to stay close!
https://www.instagram.com/ax2studio/

Softwares:
3D max - Corona Renderer - Exlevel Growfx - Adobe Photoshop - Adobe Indesign - Itoo Forest Pack

Thank you!

2018-07-26, 17:23:07
Reply #1

d.sign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there. Ok, I will read the full story more carefully, but as I understand this is your own design, right? So I will briefly reflect on architectural concept, which I find very good, simple and clean, maybe not most original one, but no need to force something just to make statement. I think you managed to reach your goal for sure with design, both the relation of house with setting and nature, with climate and the house as a setting for human life and activities works very well and it is visible in the images. Now, as for the visualzation, this is for sure top notch, as now I look through the hi-res images and see how you approached every little detail with care, all with high quality materials, textures, every junction of materials is solved properly, both of main materials, concrete and wood look awesome in all of their variations... Same goes for the environment and lighting... So, congratulations on great work, it is a pleasure to watch it!

2018-07-27, 10:40:13
Reply #2

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
excellent work. The image that struck me most is the bedroom, fantastic.

2018-07-28, 00:30:44
Reply #3

Guilherme

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AX2 STUDIO
Hi there. Ok, I will read the full story more carefully, but as I understand this is your own design, right? So I will briefly reflect on architectural concept, which I find very good, simple and clean, maybe not most original one, but no need to force something just to make statement. I think you managed to reach your goal for sure with design, both the relation of house with setting and nature, with climate and the house as a setting for human life and activities works very well and it is visible in the images. Now, as for the visualzation, this is for sure top notch, as now I look through the hi-res images and see how you approached every little detail with care, all with high quality materials, textures, every junction of materials is solved properly, both of main materials, concrete and wood look awesome in all of their variations... Same goes for the environment and lighting... So, congratulations on great work, it is a pleasure to watch it!

Thank you very much for you comment!
Agree with you that it is not the most original concept :) My idea was to design the architecture to make my visualisation project more unique, choosing to challenge myself with things I've haven't done before (My first attempt to a snow, environment fog and hair and fur) as well as being able to tell a story of my own. I wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel in any aspect, just an exercise to improve my archvis skills and a chance to play architecture ;)

2018-07-31, 01:32:31
Reply #4

maximusestudios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First, congratulations for the conceptual work and beautiful pictures!
Thanks for the friend that is and for the reminder in the book.
Tamo junto parceiro! :D

2018-08-07, 23:00:09
Reply #5

Guilherme

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AX2 STUDIO
First, congratulations for the conceptual work and beautiful pictures!
Thanks for the friend that is and for the reminder in the book.
Tamo junto parceiro! :D

Thank you my friend! Your help is always Much appreciated!

É noses! ;)

2018-10-02, 17:29:49
Reply #6

d.sign

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Agree with you that it is not the most original concept :) My idea was to design the architecture to make my visualisation project more unique, choosing to challenge myself with things I've haven't done before (My first attempt to a snow, environment fog and hair and fur) as well as being able to tell a story of my own. I wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel in any aspect, just an exercise to improve my archvis skills and a chance to play architecture ;)

Once again I have to compiment every aspect of those images! I had no intention to look down on your desing in any way, not only that it is very good, but also it is aditional step forward in archviz, since for those purposes we usualy take some of the already built projects, eventualy puting them into different mood than original photos show...

2018-10-02, 19:04:43
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You can also see the amazing booklet / magazine created for the project on this video from Fabio Palvelli. Glad to have been able to get a copy of it at D2 as well, it's great to have a physical copy of an awesome project like this one!

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-10-04, 00:38:29
Reply #8

Guilherme

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AX2 STUDIO

Once again I have to compiment every aspect of those images! I had no intention to look down on your desing in any way, not only that it is very good, but also it is aditional step forward in archviz, since for those purposes we usualy take some of the already built projects, eventualy puting them into different mood than original photos show...

Thank you! Much appreciated! :)

2018-10-04, 00:41:42
Reply #9

Guilherme

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AX2 STUDIO
You can also see the amazing booklet / magazine created for the project on this video from Fabio Palvelli. Glad to have been able to get a copy of it at D2 as well, it's great to have a physical copy of an awesome project like this one!

Thank you Thomas! I'm glad you liked it! Meeting you was one of the highlights of the D2 conference for me :) Hopefully I'll see you there again next year! Cheers

2018-10-04, 14:08:06
Reply #10

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Guilherme! Yes, here's hoping for next year!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us