Author Topic: 360 Panorama brief tutorial  (Read 6285 times)

2014-02-23, 21:05:34

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • johny.mrazko.visualization
Hi guys,

I´d like to ask you, what possibilities do I have when I want to produce similar result to this https://www.360cities.net/image/bedroom-cirkvice#58.21,0.20,70.0. Is it possible to make one 2:1 rendering which captures the whole room and then wrap the image with a help of adequate software to mirror ball to be able to move in the  room like in the link here? ...So basically what I´m looking for is an advice or brief walkthrough to make this with the best time/quality ratio. And yeah I´m planning to do this in Corona of course :)

Thanks in advance :)

2014-02-24, 10:34:42
Reply #1

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2014-02-24, 13:12:07
Reply #2

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you but I still don´t know where to find Panorama renderer Keymaster mentioned or what does CoronaCameraMod do..

2014-02-24, 14:19:12
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Look in utilities>more...>panorama exporter. But be aware that this tool was writen eons ago and is pretty outdated. I much prefer manual approach, at least until Keymaster will implement spherical camera.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-02-24, 14:43:24
Reply #4

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Romullus, I see - and what would be the "manual" approach you stated?

2014-02-24, 15:53:45
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It would be rendering 6 images with 90 degree fov and stitching them in specialized software. It'll give slightly worse results than spherical camera would, but much better than max's panorama exporter.

2014-02-24, 17:07:43
Reply #6

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Forgive my ignorance, but why would stitching 6 renders give a better result than using Max's pano exporter? I've gotten some pretty decent results out of it...

On another note, does anyone know of any free software / html 5 / flash based plugins for embedding panoramas on websites? I can only seem to find clunky / needlessly complicated solutions through google.
Vray who?

2014-02-24, 18:53:39
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I did comparison between max's panorama exporter, 6-faces render and mental ray wraparound methods, once. And found that pano exporter gives most distortion and loss of resolution at panorama poles, and wraparound was the best.

On another note, does anyone know of any free software / html 5 / flash based plugins for embedding panoramas on websites? I can only seem to find clunky / needlessly complicated solutions through google.
Doesn't 360cities offer free embeding for personal use?

Edit: by the way max's panorama exporter does the same as manual 6 renders, only that it stink at stitching.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-24, 18:57:23 by romullus »

2014-02-24, 22:52:54
Reply #8

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So basically the best way is to render separate 6 views of the room that I want and then use external software to stitch them together?

2014-02-25, 00:22:40
Reply #9

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
For me, yes. But then again, this method has his own drawbacks. In example, if you choose to render with pt+hd, you can find, that it is really hard to render perfectly matching hd cache solution, that would stitch seamlessly. Rawalanche suggested to save secondary GI to fight this issue, but i didn't try that yet, so cannot confirm.