Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 486980 times)

2016-10-21, 22:45:28
Reply #480

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hm, pure bercon + multi-texture sounds easier. The whole inter-connected network throws me off, I like easy, straightforward stuff.

Would you mind posting screenshot of this setup when you have some time ? (no rush)
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-10-24, 21:29:28
Reply #481

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Hm, pure bercon + multi-texture sounds easier. The whole inter-connected network throws me off, I like easy, straightforward stuff.

Would you mind posting screenshot of this setup when you have some time ? (no rush)

This is the most recent setup I have from a current project (with the bump fix), though I'm not using displacement and the material can be refined more, but it works for our level or presentation images. Also attached the setup for the bercon map.

2016-11-03, 13:18:40
Reply #482

PMendes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

This is the most recent setup I have from a current project (with the bump fix), though I'm not using displacement and the material can be refined more, but it works for our level or presentation images. Also attached the setup for the bercon map.

Can you share a image/render of this setup? :D
----------------------------------
Modelarq3D
http://www.paulo-mendes.com

2016-11-04, 18:07:48
Reply #483

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page

Can you share a image/render of this setup? :D

I'll see if I can manage a close up crop as the project is confidential right now. I'll be running some material setup tests with this in a few weeks anyway to work out some kinks and account for displacement (I hope). Probably going to modify the current Corona or Siger shaderball to have a square setup to show off brick/stone materials better (I find the round shapes don't do these materials justice, nor are surfaces with them round most of the time).

Will definitely start a thread for it in time.

2016-11-06, 19:10:27
Reply #484

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
OT/ this thread should be really renamed ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-12-02, 09:12:32
Reply #485

sht

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One more, Reinhard with it's bleached look and milky blacks, very low values not to flatten too much (instead slightly under-exposed), then LUT+ contrast.

PBR materials work flawlessly, can't imagine why anyone would be nostalgic after the old fresnel (supposedly some people are), this saves so much of the handy-work, but most importantly,
not sure if people realize that, correct fresnel means the material will work in every angle and light situation. Previously I had to tweak specular level based on camera and light. Dull could become glossy and that made option of creating universal material library pointless.

As can be seen, post-production ramps up the contrast a lot, which is why it's important to follow the rules and keep albedo within correct range ( "artistic" [30-240] sRGB; "strict" [50-240] sRGB; I follow the strict method, my blackest black is 50 sRGB )

This sounds like a decent workflow!
One question about the black level in your albedo map. If you want to do let's say a black wood you would not go below 50 sRGB in your albedo map? And instead add contrast in post to compensate the washed out look? Is that how it works?
Another thing are you using simple or photographic exposure in your images?

Thanks!

2016-12-02, 23:11:02
Reply #486

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think It's more to do that there really are no "true black" materials in the world. other than perhaps vantablack https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vantablack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubk34-nFvGM
« Last Edit: 2016-12-02, 23:16:46 by mferster »

2016-12-08, 16:48:13
Reply #487

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Well, both :- ).

It comes from those measured tables. Indeed, the "blackness" comes from post-production, like it does in real-camera, where you have to add S-curve (either in profile,  or during .raw conversion).

Another thing are you using simple or photographic exposure in your images?

Unless I am matching a backplate, I use simple EV exposure. (and if I have Motion Blur and DOF, I control them separately, unconnected to exposure).
« Last Edit: 2016-12-08, 18:34:20 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2016-12-31, 17:20:49
Reply #488

husherson2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow, these pdfs are amazing.

I've never thought that after hours of tutorials and courses I would feel that I've learned from 3 short pdfs files.

Even though I was born and raised in VRay, and still struggle with Corona sometimes, these little fundamentals apply to any render engine. 

Thanks Juraj!!

2017-01-17, 18:56:16
Reply #489

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Juraj, I remember you planned to switch your network to 10 GBe, you should look at this :

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00B46AEE6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just grabbed one of these.

2017-01-17, 19:05:26
Reply #490

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Juraj, I remember you planned to switch your network to 10 GBe, you should look at this :

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00B46AEE6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just grabbed one of these.

I already have it 🙂 Everything running on 10gbase here

2017-01-17, 20:17:20
Reply #491

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad to hear ! What are your feedback ? Did your fileserver run full SSDs ?

edit: 🙂
« Last Edit: 2017-01-17, 20:26:24 by Fluss »

2017-01-17, 20:22:15
Reply #492

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
:)

How... how did you? Where do i get that smiley!

EDIT: 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Ohhh... it's an emoji! Awesome 🙂

🙂

2017-01-17, 20:31:39
Reply #493

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Lol, I typed it from phone, didn't know it does something unique 🙂

Yup, running all SSD ( Intel P3600 & Samsung 850 evo, 8TB total ). Runs fantastically except the router sounds like airplane takeoff and the Intel cards take serious performance (nothing for weak pcs)

2017-01-17, 20:35:40
Reply #494

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Lol, I typed it from phone, didn't know it does something unique 🙂

Yup, running all SSD ( Intel P3600 & Samsung 850 evo, 8TB total ). Runs fantastically except the router sounds like airplane takeoff and the Intel cards take serious performance (nothing for weak pcs)

😮 That seems to seriously rock !

(Looks like you started an emoji war..)