Author Topic: Panorama Exporter  (Read 128643 times)

2017-11-27, 22:48:56
Reply #75

crazyhow3

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am trying to send these files for some1 else to open and im having trouble doing so. is there any way to to combine the .js file with the html so u can just send the html file and it will woork on another computer that i send it to?

2018-05-06, 12:18:22
Reply #76

jjgod1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
THANKS

2018-05-21, 10:27:54
Reply #77

petrorosengren

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You are a master DeadClown, thank you!

2018-05-21, 17:30:20
Reply #78

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Is there anyway the script can work with saving the render to another format other than jpeg?

Normally I output as png, then convert to jpeg with a higher resolution before running the script (though the png file always end up being off by 1 pixel in the width, so I assumed maybe this was the reason?)

2018-05-25, 09:48:48
Reply #79

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I think you should be able to use pretty much any format a webbrowser can display, but I don't know for sure. You'll have to try it out. Just export a panorama as usual, replace the image and change the path in the html file.
I'm not aware of any 1-pixel offset, any image you provide for the script is not altered, just copied (as far as I remember).
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2018-05-25, 23:12:12
Reply #80

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
I'm not aware of any 1-pixel offset, any image you provide for the script is not altered, just copied (as far as I remember).

My mistake, the 1 pixel difference came from increasing the DPI of the output png in Photoshop.

2018-05-30, 21:40:29
Reply #81

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Since I'm running into this issue:

Can you not change the FOV of the camera for this? I'm trying to do a panorama of a space that is about 16' x 16', but I feel the view to the walls is too close. I've tried playing with camera settings and the CoronaCamMod overrides, but nothing changes the end result. Are you stuck with a set FOV for spherical cameras?

I also increased the scale of the room (scaled it up a few times so that the distance of the viewpoint from the center of the space is double/triple the original), but that didn't change anything either (which is very odd to me).

2018-05-30, 21:46:58
Reply #82

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
The field of view for a spherical panorama is always 360x180°, there is no other field of view - it must be that and only that. I don't actually understand what the problem is to be honest. The Panorama is only dependent on position, nothing else. So if you think you're to close to the wall you have to move the camera away from it. It doesn't matter how big or small your room is, it will always look exactly the same.

2018-05-30, 23:11:49
Reply #83

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
So if you think you're to close to the wall you have to move the camera away from it. It doesn't matter how big or small your room is, it will always look exactly the same.

If I put the camera in the center of a room that is 16'x16' why does the view look exactly like that of a room that is 32'x32'? The walls should twice the distance away and more of view should be visible no?

2018-05-30, 23:47:39
Reply #84

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Imagine you are in the middle of the room and you look at one corner. Now scale up the room from this point where you're standing. The room is bigger but you are still looking in the exact same direction to see this corner. The angles haven't changed. It's about angles. The Spherical camera doesn't have any dimensions, it's an infinite small point, so there is no parallax and you can't determine the distance to the wall, there is no indication on how far a wall is from the view of the camera.
Another example would be watching the stars at night. You can't possibly say how far away they are, no matter if they are 1 or 100000 lightyears away. The only way (without instruments) to determine that distance is by parallax (moving through space, aka measuring the movement of stars over many years). You got 2 eyes for exactly that reason, with just one eye you don't have any depth perception and can't possibly say how far away things are.

2018-05-31, 13:52:38
Reply #85

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Or in other words, you will see a difference if you:
-move the camera closer to the ground (this simulates being a mouse)
-change DOF
;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-05-31, 13:55:40
Reply #86

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Side note: what actually does make a surprising difference is setting the camera position to chest height, not where your eyes would be. This has proven to somehow preserve the "perceived" scale a lot better.

2020-05-13, 18:16:10
Reply #87

yazzmale

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello I need some help, please.

When I try to browse the .jpg 360, it doesn't upload it. And then, when I click on >>Generate file, this error appears: "Error occured! Is directory writeable?

2020-05-14, 17:02:49
Reply #88

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello I need some help, please.

When I try to browse the .jpg 360, it doesn't upload it. And then, when I click on >>Generate file, this error appears: "Error occured! Is directory writeable?

Hmm, this thread is from 2014 and the last post is a year old. There is a chance that this is not supported any more, or that something has changed.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-07-02, 17:31:06
Reply #89

emresenoglu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am having problems with this plugin too, and was wondering if there are any news / changes about the plugin. It successfully exports for me, however the html shows a black page. Anyone still using the plugin?