Author Topic: Metal Materials not shiny when rendered  (Read 1215 times)

2019-04-26, 02:31:10

dande

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If Y use  a physical or corona metal  material. It's not shiny when rendered in corona

2019-04-26, 09:07:06
Reply #1

dzintas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Show us example of what you're dealing with.

2019-04-26, 10:09:05
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Usually metals looks as good as your enviroment is. As dzintas said, show us some examples,  otherwise it is empty claims.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-04-30, 01:52:38
Reply #3

rasputin1963

• Active Users
  • South Texas Graphic Artist
    • View Profile
    • Meet me on Facebook:
Dande,     have you discovered that "secret" of CORONA as regards rendering extremely shiny objects,   like metals?

You'll look online to see that a particular metal has a IOR of,   say,   2.0,      so you enter "2.0" into your Material's IOR Reflection value...     Then you are disappointed to see that your metal isn't nearly  shiny enough in your render?

The trick here is:    When it comes to extremely shiny objects  (up to and including a perfect mirror reflection),  you need to enter a MUCH higher number into your Reflection IOR value!   In other words,   you're not going to see  "super-shiny" until you enter a value of at least 20.0,     and often even more...   like,  50,  60 or even 90,  if you want a full mirrored effect.

I had to learn this trick the hard way,  too.      Try a much higher number...    then get back to us here.

Best,      ras
« Last Edit: 2019-04-30, 02:52:39 by rasputin1963 »
"Art is mostly about liking things."  ---Andy Warhol