Author Topic: Sun and Sky intensity standard value to 0.1  (Read 2794 times)

2019-04-02, 10:15:23

Core2000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you create a Sun and Sky you always need to set the intensity value to 0.1 to got a good lightning. This should be the standard value.

2019-04-02, 11:26:12
Reply #1

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile
afik the intensity corresponds to actual physical values.
why not adjust the exposure as you would do irl?

2019-04-03, 08:40:07
Reply #2

Core2000

• Active Users
    • View Profile

With a real camera you do not need to set exposure to -3.5 to got a good lightning at day.

2019-04-03, 10:39:44
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Corona's EV is arbitrary, you can't compare its default valueas to real world camera. What you can do, is to take picture with the camera outdoor at noon, write down shutter speed, ISO and aperture, then create scene with default sun & sky in Corona, switch exposure from arbitrary EV to photographic, enter values from your real camera and compare render with the picture. Exposure wise they should stay pretty close to each other.

Making sun & sky at 0.1 by default, would be really bad idea. What you might want to do instead, is to request to change default EV value to match daylight scenario, although current setting has its own reasons and i wouldn't like it to change just because someone does more exterior renders than interior ones.

P.S. i'm moving this topic to main feature request board, as we certainly don't want that common defaults would differ between different DCCs.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-04-03, 10:46:56
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
and I am moving it to resolved, since it was already explained why it is a bad idea...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2019-04-11, 14:44:58
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

With a real camera you do not need to set exposure to -3.5 to got a good lightning at day.

With a real sun you do not need to lower its intensity to 0,1 to get a good lighting at day. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us