Author Topic: Bottle  (Read 3623 times)

2016-07-05, 09:14:25

Fythos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In physical engine when i want to make a bottle with a logo on it i just place a texture of glass first and on top of it i place the logo image with an alpha. I can see the glass material with reflections and refraction and the logo on top of it nicely.
I tried to do the same thing with corona but the alpha makes the glass material disappear and the bottle becomes completely invisible except for the logo.

Anyone knows what am i doing wrong?

Attachment 1 is what i get.
Attachment 2 is what i what.

2016-07-05, 11:14:58
Reply #1

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Fythos,

as far as I know you are not doing anything wrong!
Problem is, that Corona does not yet support stacking several materials on one object.
That means Corona will always only render the top material (most right in the object manager).

A workaround I used when I worked on a similar project:
Duplicate your bottle object and scale it slightly larger (0.01%) than the base model.
Assign the glass material to the original model and the label to the larger one.
Downside to this is, that depending on the size difference you will get shadows between the label and glass.

If this is old information, please anyone, let me know! :-)
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2016-07-05, 11:26:43
Reply #2

Fythos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah.. i started suspecting Corona doesn't support stacking when i was doing this but thought as this is basic feature of C4D that Corona should also be able to do it and it was just me not knowing how to do it properly.

The second render i showed is exactly what you proposed. I will have to use this method in my final renders till this is fixed.

Thank you for the enlightenment Workflow. :)

2016-07-05, 15:33:06
Reply #3

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yea I was also kind of surprised at first when I noticed Corona didn't support that feature, but well...one of the few downsides of only beeing an Alpha for now :-)

Glad I could help even tho you figured it out yourself anyways!
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2016-07-06, 09:52:18
Reply #4

alekba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 Method with double geometry is good.... but downside is higher render time and sometime some weirdness.
Depending of your scene.... complexity of model ( and how much Vodka you need :) ), maybe is better to make UV and apply texture, bottle is simple shape, cylinder . Method with double geometry I use for water drops, to drive bump/normal and different IOR for water.

2016-07-06, 16:46:49
Reply #5

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
You could also try using the Blend material and do some shuffling around in there :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us