Author Topic: Photo/ Camera Match Rendering  (Read 4287 times)

2016-12-16, 04:46:50

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Guys, this i a personal project. I tried to recreate the actual image of this house : Fyren by Architect Omar Gandhi. Took me about 2 days, Hope you like it.

2016-12-16, 15:01:09
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It could be just an optical illusion, but I think that in the original photo all vertical lines are straight, and they are not in your picture. Other than that, it's fantastic. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-12-16, 15:04:47
Reply #2

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It could be just an optical illusion, but I think that in the original photo all vertical lines are straight, and they are not in your picture. Other than that, it's fantastic. :)

They are. It is not optical illusion. It is not the first time i notice Camera Correction Mod on photos XD

---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-12-16, 16:09:00
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm missing lower part of the hill in your render. IMHO it's very strong part of composition in the original. Other than that very good and accurate recreate.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-12-16, 19:02:13
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I'm missing lower part of the hill in your render. IMHO it's very strong part of composition in the original. Other than that very good and accurate recreate.

I would add that in architectural shots, esp. exteriors, more squarish (like 4:3 ) image ratio frames the building much better than the display 16:9. I still use 16:9/16:10 for most of our work (because it primarily goes as full-frame image on marketing websites), but here the original composition shows that well.

Also, vertical correction absolutely goes to every shot with exception of those that are built around vertical perspective (like staring from ground into skyscrapper). If it looks too harsch and artificial, use 90perc. vertical correction. ( press auto-correct and than deduct a little bit). This creates the same illusion our brain does (otherwise our brain will over-correct).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-12-16, 20:23:16
Reply #5

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys for the feedback, The Original photo i posted was just one i pulled from the internet last minute. The one i used to match the camera was actually cropped as shown in the rendering but i somehow misplaced it. All match showed to  be accurate on screen as i did it so the Aspect ratio etc were exactly as original. I use Cinema 4D and Corona Alpha 5.1 at the time i think.