Author Topic: Texture Bump / UV Issue?!  (Read 1821 times)

2020-11-12, 16:58:38

sykane

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I assume its not rally an Corona Problem, but maybe im wrong.

If you see my first picture you see I got some issues with my bump on the diagonal part of the model ... it kind of trips ;)
I just want an continuous honeycoomb al through.
Attached also images of the texture and Bump Settings... I assume its something easy to resolve, hope somebody is so kind to share his/hers wisdom!
Is Thera an issue with UV settings or so?

thx in advanced!

2020-11-12, 17:04:05
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It's triplanar's blending - set it to 0.0 and there won't be that weird doubling issue, but... you will get hard seam. Best solution would be manually unwrap your object and get rid of triplanar.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-11-12, 17:04:36
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You wouldn't use triplanar in this case, as the UV mapping needs to follow the surface (and triplanar projects it from 3 directions, and blends between those on surfaces that are not directly facing one of those three directions).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-11-12, 17:16:19
Reply #3

sykane

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah cool... the 0.0 setting worked, but not perfectly... already checking YouTube for UV Tutorials, hope to figure it out... thx!

2020-11-12, 17:42:11
Reply #4

sykane

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Startihng to test and play around with unwrapping the texture... but I always have that stretch at the angle... anyone got a hint on what im doing wrong?

2020-11-12, 18:13:23
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks like it's still a planar or cubic UV, while you'd need the UV to follow the surface. You'd have to look over in C4D tutorials etc. for how to handle UV unwrapping in C4D (as that's not a Corona-specific feature).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us