Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 113131 times)

2019-05-29, 21:55:09
Reply #480

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If you right click in zoomed in VFB and pop-out info window touches rightmost VFB edge, then VFB shifts to the left. A slightly annoying issue.

By the way, RC2 build reports itself as RC1.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-05-29, 23:33:49
Reply #481

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Yes, VFB shifts as you described are there since v3:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=22777.0

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-06-04, 19:36:01
Reply #482

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Guys, i think we have some issues between region and complete render, they have different results, noise level, denoiser and sharpen values are the same also final resolution, here is the example

2019-06-05, 14:17:22
Reply #483

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hello Guys, i think we have some issues between region and complete render, they have different results, noise level, denoiser and sharpen values are the same also final resolution, here is the example

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to send over you scene?

Instructions on how to do this can be found in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-06-05, 17:20:55
Reply #484

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2019-06-05, 17:38:31
Reply #485

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, uploaded via dropbox
Thanks,

We will investigate.

(Internal ID=360230336)
Send me your scene!

2019-06-07, 11:02:14
Reply #486

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
My issue is that the button always needs to be pressed in order to be able to change the region, or add a new one. but if it's not pressed the region turns into a brownish color which is really hard to see

Yes, please revert at least to the full red color! There is no indicator any more that regions are active because that 1px micro dashed brown line is not visible at all in many images. The idea was probably to have region borders less distracting, but unless we don't have any other indicator this only leads to user errors.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-06-07, 14:30:40
Reply #487

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
My issue is that the button always needs to be pressed in order to be able to change the region, or add a new one. but if it's not pressed the region turns into a brownish color which is really hard to see

Yes, please revert at least to the full red color! There is no indicator any more that regions are active because that 1px micro dashed brown line is not visible at all in many images. The idea was probably to have region borders less distracting, but unless we don't have any other indicator this only leads to user errors.

Good Luck

+1 - it's almost impossible to see most of the time... it has caused me some re-render headaches in the past couple of months.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2019-06-08, 09:46:30
Reply #488

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think expanding the interactive render VFB does not add pixels/resolution anymore. the resolution of the previews stays the same, it is acting as a zoom in now instead of growing the number of pixels when you stretch the viewport.

2019-06-08, 10:03:11
Reply #489

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
No, that's not how it works. There's new image upscale factor parameter in system settings, that lets you render in IR at lower resolution and upscale in VFB, but it has nothing to do with VFB window size. Changing the VFB's size, still changes actual resolution. You can see real amount of pixels in the title bar.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-06-08, 17:27:06
Reply #490

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
So exited about that trello thing (half parsing times on complex scenes)!!!!

2019-06-10, 18:02:53
Reply #491

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
I am testing Corona 4 release candidate 4, and my file crashes when I  launch interactive rendering. It's ok when I work on couple of objects in isolation mode, but when I unhide everything and press render the scene crashes.
I used the old scene mainly for the purposes of testing caustics, but it doesn't really matter if caustics are off or on, file crashes anyway. When I move back to Corona 3.1 everything works fine. I'll send the minidump in couple minutes. I'd appreciate if you could check it out, let me know if you need anything else.

2019-06-10, 18:21:11
Reply #492

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi cexec,

I did a couple of quick checks here and I was unable to reproduce the crashes. It would also be helpful if you could send though your scene if possible?

Also, which version of Max are you using?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-06-10, 18:47:20
Reply #493

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi cexec,

I did a couple of quick checks here and I was unable to reproduce the crashes. It would also be helpful if you could send though your scene if possible?

Also, which version of Max are you using?

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi, the scene is being transferred to your dropbox as I write it. I use max 2019. Let me know if you need anything else, thanks.

2019-06-10, 20:55:08
Reply #494

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
So exited about that trello thing (half parsing times on complex scenes)!!!!
I have it already implemented, it just wasnt safe to include in v4, and we need to make sure it does not change look of scenes. But dont worry, v5 is just around the corner ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)