Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 113111 times)

2019-02-28, 13:51:34
Reply #195

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
not yet

Ok, Would the best option currently to turn self illumination materials into layered materials with a light material?
If it works, it would be a pretty inconvenient workaround. ;)
We are already working on an official solution to this.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-03-01, 01:18:35
Reply #196

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
not yet

Ok, Would the best option currently to turn self illumination materials into layered materials with a light material?
If it works, it would be a pretty inconvenient workaround. ;)
We are already working on an official solution to this.

Ok cool, for now as i have a live project to work on with this ill see if i can figure out a workaround

2019-03-07, 09:52:44
Reply #197

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi,

The newest build still crashes 3ds max when I'm trying to copy render directly from framebuffer :/

Hi,

The newest build still crashes 3ds max when I'm trying to copy render directly from framebuffer :/

I'm having the same issue.

@Majeranek @JViz are you getting the same in the newest dailies? It should be already fixed.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-03-07, 18:09:46
Reply #198

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Maru, sorry if I missed this over the course of this thread, but have the crashes relating to the "cleanup" stage been fixed?
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2019-03-08, 14:08:01
Reply #199

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Maru, sorry if I missed this over the course of this thread, but have the crashes relating to the "cleanup" stage been fixed?

Hi Alex,

Yeah the crashes relating to the bloom and glare calculation during the cleanup stage have been fixed.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-03-08, 14:44:06
Reply #200

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES

Hi Alex,

Yeah the crashes relating to the bloom and glare calculation during the cleanup stage have been fixed.

Thanks,

Rowan

Awesome!.... might consider rolling out v4 daily then...
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2019-03-11, 17:02:00
Reply #201

hugoedu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Image saving crash when Bloom and Glare is enable!

Win7 SP1 / DB 22-02

2019-03-11, 17:09:56
Reply #202

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Crashes with bloom&glare was fixed, look at the post above yours. Download and install latest DB and max shouldn't crash on saving anymore.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-03-11, 17:17:09
Reply #203

hugoedu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Crashes with bloom&glare was fixed, look at the post above yours. Download and install latest DB and max shouldn't crash on saving anymore.

is occurring with the last DB, here:  3dsmax 2016/ DB 22.02

2019-03-11, 17:29:51
Reply #204

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Ah sorry, i didn't realize that 02-22 is the latest build.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-03-11, 17:45:42
Reply #205

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

Win7 SP1 / DB 22-02

Hi,

Can you provide some more information please? I would like to know which version of Max you are using, and whether you are rendering on just one machine or using DR?

Can you also provide me with your scene and a minidump? Details on how to create one are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-03-11, 17:51:46
Reply #206

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Win7 SP1 / DB 22-02

For any sort of crashes, the minidump is usually vital to know what is going on. It's worth creating a new ticket / forum thread and uploading the file, as per https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max

More details would be great too - does it only happen on save? Does it save without a crash if bloom and glare is disabled? Is there an error message during the crash, or Max just "disappears"? And so on. Cheers!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-03-11, 18:19:35
Reply #207

hugoedu

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Win7 SP1 / DB 22-02

For any sort of crashes, the minidump is usually vital to know what is going on. It's worth creating a new ticket / forum thread and uploading the file, as per https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max

More details would be great too - does it only happen on save? Does it save without a crash if bloom and glare is disabled? Is there an error message during the crash, or Max just "disappears"? And so on. Cheers!

The rendering is one machine, no DR.

when Bloom&Glare is disable, save ok! when enable, 3dsmax 2016 freezes and does not end the process save. Need end 3dsmax.exe process in windows, and re-open.

I'll try to create a new scene and test. I give a return then

2019-03-11, 18:36:52
Reply #208

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
On the freeze, the "how to report issues" page shows how you can generate a minidump for a frozen Max. This sounds different than the previous Bloom and Glare issue, which was a freeze while calculating Bloom and Glare at render end rather than anything that only happens during the save. One thought would be to save to CXR or EXR, without bloom and glare, and open in CIE and apply it there (and see if it lets you save).

Another thought, what file format were you saving to, and does changing that make any difference? Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-03-11, 18:39:23
Reply #209

hugoedu

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Win7 SP1 / DB 22-02

The rendering is one machine, no DR.

when Bloom&Glare is disable, save ok! when enable, 3dsmax 2016 freezes and does not end the process save. Need end 3dsmax.exe process in windows, and re-open.

I'll try to create a new scene and test. I give a return then

i create a new scene with the plane, teapot and coronalight. Enable Bloom and Glare, when save image the same freeze error happens! :(

windows 7 SP1/ 3dsmax 2016 / Corona 4 DB 2019.02.22