Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 113114 times)

2019-02-15, 13:00:34
Reply #165

sergov

• Active Users
  • i love lamp
    • View Profile
    • sergov.net
experiencing some slow performance on interactive render on dual xeons as well

it freezes for 4-5 sec before starting first pass

2019-02-17, 15:08:41
Reply #166

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys - on the latest corona daily after a render is done and starts the 'cleaning up' process, it doesnt complete it and MAX freezes.
anyone else having this issue?

Since yesterday we are having the same issue very, very often! :-(

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Same for me rondomly at end of rendering MAX freeze and only option is to close the process.

Config

dual Xeon 2687v3 64gb ram.

Thanks.

I have the same issue on both my Xeon workstations. I have sent multiple files to Corona team. I have a feeling something isnt playing nice with the xeon architecture. Its got to the point that even if I mouse click on the VFB it freezes for a minute or 2 and sometimes for a very long time. Highly frustrating

Xeon build here also. This might be old and in any case isn't a long term solution but sometimes when Max freezes while cleaning up I've found it helps to go to Task Mangager and set the affinity to just one core, hit ok. Sometimes - and only sometimes - this gets things going again within the next 5 seconds. Not sure why this works or if it's widely tried but wanted to chime in since it has saved me a bunch of rendertime a couple of times.

2019-02-18, 11:39:12
Reply #167

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
I have reinstalled Corona Daily 13 febr from scratch on every computer and now I get this :)

Uploaded the exr file here: Successfully uploaded as 1550231728_dr-exr-fail.exr.

Ps: Both the Slaves are Dual Xeon V1
Hi,

I have logged an issue for this problem, we will take a look at the exr and let you know the outcome.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=320455052)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-02-18, 13:29:32
Reply #168

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
experiencing some slow performance on interactive render on dual xeons as well

it freezes for 4-5 sec before starting first pass

the same on core i7-4960X

2019-02-18, 14:04:49
Reply #169

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Thanks for new Intel Denoiser, cleans up problem materials much better, on the 2 pass test
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2019-02-18, 14:18:34
Reply #170

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We are looking into the issues with the slow performance when starting the IR, and the freezing on the cleanup stage.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal IDs=320518231, 320515921)
Send me your scene!

2019-02-18, 16:52:48
Reply #171

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Hi guys - on the latest corona daily after a render is done and starts the 'cleaning up' process, it doesnt complete it and MAX freezes.
anyone else having this issue?

Since yesterday we are having the same issue very, very often! :-(

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Same for me rondomly at end of rendering MAX freeze and only option is to close the process.

Config

dual Xeon 2687v3 64gb ram.

Thanks.

I have the same issue on both my Xeon workstations. I have sent multiple files to Corona team. I have a feeling something isnt playing nice with the xeon architecture. Its got to the point that even if I mouse click on the VFB it freezes for a minute or 2 and sometimes for a very long time. Highly frustrating

Xeon build here also. This might be old and in any case isn't a long term solution but sometimes when Max freezes while cleaning up I've found it helps to go to Task Mangager and set the affinity to just one core, hit ok. Sometimes - and only sometimes - this gets things going again within the next 5 seconds. Not sure why this works or if it's widely tried but wanted to chime in since it has saved me a bunch of rendertime a couple of times.

Thanks for the tip. I have tried multiple ways to unfreeze it and that was one of them. Sometimes if I start task manager it works, sometimes if I change priority in task manager it works and sometimes if I change core affinity it works but normally it just stays frozen until it decides not to. Even opening and closing photoshop has made it unfreeze. So frankly I am at a loss as to what is going on.

2019-02-18, 21:46:10
Reply #172

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Warning about legacy medium resolving, that we got on opening every single old scene, is getting slightly annoying. I like how warning about legacy displacement, is showing only in scenes where displacement is actually used. Could you make that medium resolving warning act the same?

Also, "learn more" link, leads to wrong place.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-02-19, 10:53:13
Reply #173

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Warning about legacy medium resolving, that we got on opening every single old scene, is getting slightly annoying. I like how warning about legacy displacement, is showing only in scenes where displacement is actually used. Could you make that medium resolving warning act the same?

Also, "learn more" link, leads to wrong place.

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I have forwarded the issues onto the dev team for more investigation.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal IDs=320891729, 320887775)
Send me your scene!

2019-02-20, 13:10:38
Reply #174

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think the new medium resolving message pops up also in case there is any material with refraction in the scene, and that's actually expected.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-02-20, 14:29:09
Reply #175

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I didn't think about that. So maybe this means that this also fixes refraction issues with blending/layered materials?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-02-20, 17:07:42
Reply #176

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It probably changes the appearance of overlapping refractive objects.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-02-20, 22:06:27
Reply #177

jop

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I wonder why "Render Elements visible in reflections/refractions" have not a higher rank on the priority list.
It's the rudimentary feature that keeps me using other renderers for serious vfx jobs.

Is it because of the complexity of the development, or it's just that vfx isn't the main target market for Corona ?

Thanks !

2019-02-20, 22:44:25
Reply #178

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
mostly because of mix of complexity and ambiguity (there are situations where it was not clear how it should behave). But in London I was able to get good idea how it could work, so it should be done without much delay, as soon as possible (which still is probably not v4)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2019-02-20, 23:22:11
Reply #179

jop

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Ondra.
For sure it can behave strangely, it can be hard to get 1:1 additive pass compositing vs beauty.
But in some situations we have to deal with it and let some more work to the comp guy ;), e.g. a fish in a tank...