Author Topic: Recap-List of problems encountered...  (Read 1187 times)

2024-02-16, 12:05:58

MircoTosti Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Guys,

I hope a summary of the problems encountered and those known and still "present" can be useful, for me they are in the 2024 version (latest release) of both Cinema4D and Corona:

- coronapattern doesn't work in symmetry
- render instances are not displayed in the interactive
- the VFB corona camera is not synchronized with the active camera (problem already presented more than a month ago... where are we at?)
- corona materials often lose connections with textures present in the asset database.
- the corona proxies if used in the scatter are not displayed in full mode but only in box mode (if I deactivate the scatter set in full view, the proxy which is also set in full view is displayed again).
- biblical render times and low rays compared to previous versions (test already largely consolidated in previous posts of the empty room) and also compared to the same scene loaded in 3dsmax.. where are we with the known problems on AMD Threadripper and 7950x series?
- the crown tile is not displayed correctly in preview if this is set to world coordinates.
- corona lights do not work in mograph cloners as render instances but only as instances
- some materials from cosmos corona return message "Required V-Ray and Advantage"... emm i'm in corona not v-ray

If I forgot anyone or if there are others please let me know,

Thanks in advance to everyone
« Last Edit: 2024-02-17, 18:01:41 by MircoTosti Studio »

2024-03-06, 07:57:21
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hello Guys,

I hope a summary of the problems encountered and those known and still "present" can be useful, for me they are in the 2024 version (latest release) of both Cinema4D and Corona:

- the VFB corona camera is not synchronized with the active camera (problem already presented more than a month ago... where are we at?)
- corona materials often lose connections with textures present in the asset database.
- the corona proxies if used in the scatter are not displayed in full mode but only in box mode (if I deactivate the scatter set in full view, the proxy which is also set in full view is displayed again).
- biblical render times and low rays compared to previous versions (test already largely consolidated in previous posts of the empty room) and also compared to the same scene loaded in 3dsmax.. where are we with the known problems on AMD Threadripper and 7950x series?
- the crown tile is not displayed correctly in preview if this is set to world coordinates.
- corona lights do not work in mograph cloners as render instances but only as instances
- some materials from cosmos corona return message "Required V-Ray and Advantage"... emm i'm in corona not v-ray

If I forgot anyone or if there are others please let me know,

Thanks in advance to everyone

Hi, sorry for the delay. I have been looking into this list. :)

Confirmed and reported CC4D-659

Can't reproduce this. They are working as expected. Please test out the latest release and let us know again.

Already reported CC4D-105

Similar already reported CC4D-107

Tested but cannot reproduce this. Can you share a test scene or video showing this?

Unfortunately, I have no update on this one.

Can you please share an example of this?

Can't reproduce this. They are working as expected. Please test out the latest release and let us know again.

This is resolved, update Cosmos for the fix. :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-03-10, 15:48:08
Reply #2

MircoTosti Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Beanz,

thank you very much for the answers and info but some points both in my laptop which has an rtx 2070ti with intel and win11 and my workstation with 7950x and an rtx 3080 with amd 7950x win11 have the same problem.

I start from the scatter where I also attach the screens but first some premises (i've the latest build 12):
- the scale of the pebble presets is wrong, as you can see I have to set the object to 0.05 scale.
- if I change the size or variation of the scatter in the interactive it stops working and is not displayed.

As regards the scatter viewport, as mentioned above, I attach the three photos that demonstrate:
- scatter full, proxy full.. are not seen in the viewport
- scatter full, proxy box.. are not seen in the viewport
- scatter boxes, proxy boxes.. are now seen in the viewport

I will also post photos of the other problems later
« Last Edit: 2024-03-10, 15:52:16 by MircoTosti Studio »

2024-03-13, 17:44:39
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Thanks for this, I will check into it. In regards to a pattern object and symmetry, there is a different setup that is needed here:

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-03-14, 11:32:00
Reply #4

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
I wasn't able to reproduce your scatter issue. Can you try again with the March 11 daily build?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kZij6EEuQ1y-raj9m83P_6sRQ3TSUXCM

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-03-16, 13:35:38
Reply #5

MircoTosti Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Beanz,

I tried the latest build, and it still gives me the same problem.
A small solution that makes the elements reappear is to remove the object from the scatter and then put it back in.

Furthermore, as you have also seen, there is a very large scale error in the gravel presets (u've set 0.05).

2024-03-18, 11:12:44
Reply #6

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi, can you provide a test scene that showcases this scaling issue? If so, please use the link in my signature below :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-03-18, 12:11:12
Reply #7

MircoTosti Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Beanz,

it is a simple scene that anyone can reconstruct because it uses these elements:
- floor 400x400cm
- cube 100x100x100cm
- cosmos pebbles presets applied to the floor

result = wrong size pebbles, To view the scene correctly, you must set the scatter scale to 0.05/0.1, just as you had set in the screen.
« Last Edit: 2024-03-18, 12:37:06 by MircoTosti Studio »

2024-03-18, 14:27:06
Reply #8

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Thanks. So you are basing the scale issue on the thumbnail vs what you actually get when imported? Is that correct?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-03-20, 15:08:29
Reply #9

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
I saw your answer in another thread ;) I have raised this with the Cosmos team to look into.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-03-20, 15:34:38
Reply #10

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Okay, it's definitely a bug and will be addressed. ;)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-03-20, 16:02:36
Reply #11

MircoTosti Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Beanz,

I'm so sorry, I made the wrong post to answer your question :)

2024-03-21, 09:16:50
Reply #12

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi Beanz,

I'm so sorry, I made the wrong post to answer your question :)
It's no problem at all, I still saw it ;)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!