Author Topic: day and night test  (Read 13906 times)

2015-03-20, 12:54:13

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I did this test last days and I get an unexpected results with refraction in the glass fences ...

2015-03-20, 12:55:58
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can you mark that area where "unexpected results" are visible?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-03-20, 13:01:53
Reply #2

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you mark that area where "unexpected results" are visible?

The material has 1.54 Ior for reflection&refraction but as you can see, the displacement its to big.

2015-03-20, 13:02:12
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Could it be that your glass fence has no thickness, yet material has refraction enabled?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-03-20, 13:10:46
Reply #4

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could it be that your glass fence has no thickness, yet material has refraction enabled?

Yes, it has 1cm of thickness. It is a extruded spline with shell modif. I allready check the normals of the polys and all its ok.
And the material is a standard glass, with ref/refrac. I didn¡t use thin glass.

2015-03-20, 13:17:56
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can you save the problematic part of the scene (just the objects+materials that are acting strange) or recreate it in some new scene and upload?

2015-03-20, 13:26:04
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
One more guess: does your glass material is part of blend material?

2015-03-20, 13:45:39
Reply #7

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile

No, its normal material without blend/layers/maps

Can you save the problematic part of the scene (just the objects+materials that are acting strange) or recreate it in some new scene and upload?

Sure, tell me where

2015-03-20, 13:48:57
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It can be here if you are fine with it. When writing post, click the "attachments and other options" text. Making the scene as small as possible would be appreciated. :)

2015-03-20, 14:05:17
Reply #9

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It can be here if you are fine with it. When writing post, click the "attachments and other options" text. Making the scene as small as possible would be appreciated. :)

It is

2015-03-20, 14:49:09
Reply #10

ylucic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hmmm ..is it a CAD imported geometry? ..

i was looking at your file and you extruded isolated edges, I cannot see any splines as you said. Doing this gives a lot of problems with materials, I dont know why, but here in the office we often have this sort of problems importing geometry from revit or autocad. The final geometry tend to get bad xform, bad uvmapping, etc, etc ....so, try to import in a different way so you can keep the curves from cad as a spline in 3dsmax ....

or, you could extract the edges with the "create shape" button so it can be turned into a proper spline....then you should use a "sweep" modifier to make the glass fence, this way you can uvmap the glass with some noise using exact measures like mm ....

----------wait ...i was looking it again and your fence railing is a proper spline...you should use that with a sweep modifier, its a lot easier.
and your "glass boxes" geometry should had the "THIN" ticket in the material, and probably clean that mesh, because those are boxes within boxes...I don't thinks that's useful for its purpose here
Industrial Designer
SCL

2015-03-20, 15:01:35
Reply #11

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models

Are you sure? In file you attached all glass materials are nested into blend materials. You can see in ME previews that it leads to problems.

Either tick "thin glass" option or  remove glass materials from blend.

2015-03-20, 15:15:26
Reply #12

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Are you sure? In file you attached all glass materials are nested into blend materials. You can see in ME previews that it leads to problems.

Either tick "thin glass" option or  remove glass materials from blend.

I didn't saw this. sorry. Now I solve the problem.
I'll put the final image here.
Any coment is apreciate.

2015-03-20, 15:18:19
Reply #13

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hmmm ..is it a CAD imported geometry? ..

i was looking at your file and you extruded isolated edges, I cannot see any splines as you said. Doing this gives a lot of problems with materials, I dont know why, but here in the office we often have this sort of problems importing geometry from revit or autocad. The final geometry tend to get bad xform, bad uvmapping, etc, etc ....so, try to import in a different way so you can keep the curves from cad as a spline in 3dsmax ....

or, you could extract the edges with the "create shape" button so it can be turned into a proper spline....then you should use a "sweep" modifier to make the glass fence, this way you can uvmap the glass with some noise using exact measures like mm ....

----------wait ...i was looking it again and your fence railing is a proper spline...you should use that with a sweep modifier, its a lot easier.
and your "glass boxes" geometry should had the "THIN" ticket in the material, and probably clean that mesh, because those are boxes within boxes...I don't thinks that's useful for its purpose here

I´ll try to solve this too.

Thanks for your coments

2015-03-20, 15:28:15
Reply #14

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I checked the scene too and didn't see any problems with geometry (I think boxes inside boxes should work fine - same for bubbles, right?) but fixing refractive blend materials should help.