Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175650 times)

2020-09-16, 17:06:39

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max daily builds discussion.

*You can always get the newest daily build in the usual location: [link]*
« Last Edit: 2021-07-21, 17:58:11 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-09-17, 17:11:37
Reply #1

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
Great to see you guys back at it with the same force right after the release! Looking forward for that tone-mapping rework.

2020-09-22, 01:25:48
Reply #2

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Slicing clipper on the cards?  hoping so

2020-09-22, 01:44:55
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

You can check current plans at https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-tentative-road-map-3ds-max

The slicer/clipper is still on the cards, but is not part of Corona 7 at the moment. The reworked tone mapping and new grounds-up PBR material are going to be big tasks, and we'll have to see what else may or may not get shifted from the pool-of-ideas as things progress.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-09-22, 02:48:54
Reply #4

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah i saw that - thanks for pointing it out - its a little disappointing to not have this up there as its a very old technique i used with vray years ago and was hoping it will be implemented by now.  My clients, and im sure a lot of other peoples clients here, ask for sectional or cut-through views which is a common request.  Its an added service we could really use..... just saying :)

You can check current plans at https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-tentative-road-map-3ds-max

The slicer/clipper is still on the cards, but is not part of Corona 7 at the moment. The reworked tone mapping and new grounds-up PBR material are going to be big tasks, and we'll have to see what else may or may not get shifted from the pool-of-ideas as things progress.

2020-09-22, 09:23:57
Reply #5

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
sectional or cut-through views

Check out tySlice meanwhile...

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-09-22, 12:34:22
Reply #6

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks - looked at this but it doesnt work to well

sectional or cut-through views

Check out tySlice meanwhile...

Good Luck

2020-09-22, 13:58:31
Reply #7

jasond

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've been waiting for 'corona slice' since it went on the trello list since at least 2017. That's a long time to keep pushing a feature :(

Though tyslice is better than the default slice modifier, it's nowhere near as feature-rich as vrayclipper. Corona decision makers... throw us non-arch/viz users a bone once in a while.

2020-09-22, 14:40:16
Reply #8

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
throw us non-arch/viz users a bone once in a while.

Corona Slicer would be useful for archi/viz users too

2020-09-22, 14:54:53
Reply #9

jasond

• Active Users
    • View Profile
throw us non-arch/viz users a bone once in a while.

Corona Slicer would be useful for archi/viz users too

Hehe true, I've seen lots of great arch/viz renders where a slice is used. Correction to my post.... throw us all a bone and at least try to get coronaslice implemented sooner rather than later :)

2020-09-24, 22:59:09
Reply #10

Jvincentrs4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I rather have the new materials new tone mapping and realism. There was some big pushes made by the new vray eevee is getting better and better and new unreal. Corona team I support
how its going lets see those big changes. Clippers can come later. I know those are not direct one to tone comparison of engines just my point is they are making some big leaps and i think
and hope corona does this in V7.

2020-09-29, 01:05:28
Reply #11

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs

I saw the roadmap and one of the items there spiked my interest, its the:
"Big release focused on significantly improving workflow and realism' - any chance you can elaborate on this?  keen to understand what is broadly behind this (and excited too)

2020-09-29, 15:05:06
Reply #12

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
Hi Devs

I saw the roadmap and one of the items there spiked my interest, its the:
"Big release focused on significantly improving workflow and realism' - any chance you can elaborate on this?  keen to understand what is broadly behind this (and excited too)
You can read what is behind this just under it: new color picker, tonemapping rework, PBR additions, etc. which makes it a bigger(more impact) release, in respect to v2,v3 and v5.
There is also a blogpost about what's to come: https://blog.corona-renderer.com/behind-the-scenes-what-now-after-corona-renderer-6/

2020-09-29, 17:24:27
Reply #13

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If you check the older roadmap items, you will see that each release has a description like that, e.g. "big release", "small release", "new features", "QOL improvements", etc. It's mostly to explain whether this release will be mostly bugfixing-focused, or containing new features and improvements.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-10-01, 19:54:40
Reply #14

draxdamax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
I am posting although I am using the hotfix 1 which I guess is the daily build from 16.09 or almost the same.

Is the DR rendering problematic again?
I am getting some stange unhalted exceptions and freezing of the 3dsmax.