Author Topic: Corona Image Editor feedback  (Read 38966 times)

2017-04-04, 20:40:29
Reply #45

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Yes, exactly. CIE must be an unique tool, not a PS replacement.
That's why I suggest you to think seriously at Motiva Colimo features.
I have read in this forum, some guy who make 200.000 rendering for a catalogue.
In Italy, a lot of people make a technical catalogues with different material.
No one renderer in the World has the same tool like Colimo.
The possibility to change color, textures, UVW in post it something invaluable. =)

2017-04-04, 22:11:22
Reply #46

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thanks Ondra. I see now, yes denoising and lightmixing without resume rendering of saved EXR is good, but i think more convenient to use it will be via Photoshop plugin or connection to Corona Image Editor in Photoshop.

I hope that CIE will remain as standalone app and not as a plugin for some comercial program. For those who don't have photoshop, it's a matter of CAN use vs CAN'T use.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-04-05, 16:57:27
Reply #47

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Is it possible to save all elements to separate exr files and not into one like it is now?

2017-04-05, 19:44:20
Reply #48

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I hope that CIE will remain as standalone app and not as a plugin for some comercial program. For those who don't have photoshop, it's a matter of CAN use vs CAN'T use.
I just suggest to make connector at least, it's not a plugin, many viewers have feature to work with PSD format and can even run filters for Photoshop. Where are many replacement for photoshop - Krita  for example can work with PSD, so PSD not exclusive format for Photoshop and never die

2017-04-05, 21:42:27
Reply #49

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice, but... It's a possible to make compression tab options to saving in jpg/png format's as in photoshop and others image reduction softwares?? :)))
Because now we don't know with which compression level was saving jpg format,-- for example:)
« Last Edit: 2017-04-05, 21:49:39 by denisgo22 »

2017-04-06, 22:55:23
Reply #50

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Denoising progress bar could show what element is being denoised, so it won't seem that denoising is so slooow when many elements is present.

2017-04-07, 10:58:49
Reply #51

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Guys, thank you for all your suggestions. They help us in further development of the editor. You are great!
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-04-07, 16:38:29
Reply #52

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Is it possible to save all elements to separate exr files and not into one like it is now?

No, right now it is not possible. Would that be useful for your workflow?
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-04-07, 16:47:17
Reply #53

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It really would. I don't know how to import layered exr into photoshop (if possible at all), so i have to save all cessential elements from CIE one by one. It's pretty tedious. Also it's a bit confusing when same button - "save all" saves LDR image layers into separate files and HDR image layers combines into one.

2017-04-07, 20:22:06
Reply #54

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
It really would. I don't know how to import layered exr into photoshop (if possible at all), so i have to save all cessential elements from CIE one by one. It's pretty tedious. Also it's a bit confusing when same button - "save all" saves LDR image layers into separate files and HDR image layers combines into one.

OK then, we will change current behavior to the following (in some post RC daily build):

Save
  • for the Corona EXR format: it will save all elements + their current settings to a single .cxr file
  • for any other format: it will save only the currently selected element
Save all (will be probably renamed slightly)
  • will not offer the Corona EXR format
  • and for any other format (including EXR) it will save each element to a separate file

2017-04-07, 20:28:58
Reply #55

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thank you!

2017-04-07, 20:29:58
Reply #56

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
you are welcome ;-)

2017-04-08, 12:33:18
Reply #57

orenvfx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
chromatic aberration and barrel lens in the image editor and this app will turn to most powerful tool for speed post production!

2017-04-08, 13:14:18
Reply #58

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thanks Ondra. I see now, yes denoising and lightmixing without resume rendering of saved EXR is good, but i think more convenient to use it will be via Photoshop plugin or connection to Corona Image Editor in Photoshop.

This would be perfect and make total sense.

Keeping it as filter on smart-layer would offer perfect non-destructive workflow from start to finish. Otherwise you would still have to use CIE as middle-soft, which is still useful... but not as useful.

I don't see how this would be replacing Photoshop, it's doing it much more in form of middle tool. In PS, one could stack it on together with all the other non-destructive tools like AdobeCameraRaw filter, and then seemelessly go down to lowest layer of CIE to change high-light compression or denoising, and use post-production of PS instead of the insufficient of CIE. It would be the perfect match.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-04-09, 00:10:24
Reply #59

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
1. CIE doesn't ask if user want to save changes when another image is drag&dropped
2. Zoom level in the title bar doesn't update on zooming. It updates once, when some changes to the image are made and after that it doesn't updates anymore.