Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Feature Requests

Projector Shader in Corona

(1/4) > >>

Daniel Mikolajčák:
Hi guys, is Projector Shader officially supported in Corona? It does not work properly for me and I need it for work as much as salt. Please make this shader a priority, there is no other way to use multiple uvw mapping within one material.

Thank you,
Daniel

houska:
Hi Daniel and thanks for the question!

This is indeed something that does sound useful, but I'm not sure of what exactly is your use case. Could you show it with some simple pictures or ideally with a simple scene?

Daniel Mikolajčák:
Hello Cestmir,

thanks for getting back to me. I used it in blender when I had two normal maps, one baked from sculpting which would be unscaled UV map and other from material which would be either scaled uv map or cubic projection. Another use would be if you wanted to emboss logo on an object, you would use BW image with flat projection and plug it into bump input, while normal input would be from material.
I attach screenshots and simple scene will be uploaded separately.

This is a crucial feature for pro workflow. You would make me extremely happy if implemented.

Projector Shader is showcased in this video:

Daniel

houska:
Hi Daniel!

I think I see now what you want to achieve... This is currently not possible, at least not exactly as it is described in the video. Sure, you can use layered shader, but it is a bit sub-optimal...

Just a hint - did you know that on a material level, you can already put decals on top of other materials? It's not exactly what you'd like, but at least gives you some options.

Daniel Mikolajčák:
Layered Material has only one Material Tag on an Object and therefore allows only for one projection type. I think Projector is an absolute must for complex objects and scenes. Would you be willing to include it into roadmap? Among any other bugs I have reported this is the most essential for me and I am sure for others too, since I have seen mentions of it in several other threads as well.

Kind Regards,
Daniel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version