Author Topic: Lysfaere Renderings #1 Corvette Stingray C2  (Read 1036 times)

2023-05-07, 22:03:56

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hey folks, let me present you some car renderings Veronika and I have made using our HDRi locations, a spare time project alongside our usual architectural work.
The modelling was done mainly by Kristina, our in-house artist, secondary also by Veronika. I can't model for crap..I only did the renderings and post-production :- )

These renderings started few years ago as test-bed for HDRi testing & calibration, we were never automotive artists, I think that much is known about us ;- ). But it was lot of fun and interesting challenge to make up something of this sort, learn some new skills..

There will be lot more posted, this is just part 1. We haven't stopped with these early tries and I am working on more stuff to illustrate the locations and workflow. Next post will be about fully 1-click to use scene with cameras matched to backplates, please stay tuned and I would kill for any social media follow ;- ) Or be eternally grateful to you. Lot of our soul went into this.

If you want to learn more about it, have a look at our website: https://www.lysfaere.com/

The first images are in backplates, the rest are just tests in dome mode, and the last image are just fun showcase of some modelling&shading details :- )

« Last Edit: 2023-05-07, 23:04:26 by Juraj »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-05-07, 22:04:07
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Reserved post for more stuff
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2023-05-08, 10:35:51
Reply #2

mase

• Active Users
    • View Profile
These are absolutely beautiful, well done!

I see you mention in your website that all of these will come with custom LUTs for easier grading - very excited to try these out. Any idea when will they be available?

2023-05-08, 10:49:24
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Those are very beautiful images indeed! The car is gorgeous and the scenery is breathtaking, can't wait to see more renders from this series.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-05-08, 11:47:29
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
These are absolutely beautiful, well done!

I see you mention in your website that all of these will come with custom LUTs for easier grading - very excited to try these out. Any idea when will they be available?

Thank you Mase :- )

They all already do :- ). Every set comes with 2 LUTs of which one is primarily unique each time, including HDRi's only (for people who don't need backplates).
The LUTs alone aren't available as standalone, so single HDRi (29 Euro) is the cheapest way to get it, and the LUT is tailored particularly for that HDRi/Set, so it would look weird outside of it, not really meant for general use.

The post-production on this is effectively just LUT + bit of Clarity and selective brightening, since they are quite crunchy. Well and VirtualRig Studio soft to motion-blur Backplates & HDRis. We have to check if our licence allows sharing those or not, if yes I would add motion blurred version of 1 into the free set.

If you wait few days, I will change the free set on the website into Free Set + 3dsMax scene (Tonemapping, Shadowcatcher, CoronaSelectMTL with all backplates). And shortly after, a tutorial on how to use it all.

Those are very beautiful images indeed! The car is gorgeous and the scenery is breathtaking, can't wait to see more renders from this series.

Thank you Romullus kindly! Lot more will come, I am just finishing a G-Wagon series and  Porsche 911 Tutorial scene (we get lot of questions how to even use it and there surprisingly aren't that many comprehensive tutorials on various workflow options and strategies). So that will come within 2 weeks I think, the Tutorial less, ideally this week I hope. It will add 3dsMax scene with cameras to the free set.

Of course, we plan more free sets.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-08, 11:52:34 by Juraj »

2023-05-08, 14:01:05
Reply #5

mase

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you wait few days, I will change the free set on the website into Free Set + 3dsMax scene (Tonemapping, Shadowcatcher, CoronaSelectMTL with all backplates). And shortly after, a tutorial on how to use it all.

Great timing with this, I was already trying out the freebie you got on your website. Thanks for giving us a chance to try it out and will check it again once you upload a more extensive version - always love to play with these samples :)

2023-05-08, 14:24:57
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
The scene is already finished so it's just matter of posting it, just want to finish stuff to post along side it, simple write-up. Veronika will be making a video of the workflow too.
It will be here asap :- ). Should have done that from get-go but we didn't know how many people want to learn this from ground up :- ) And camera matching is indeed not-fun for someone who has never done it.