Author Topic: Animation flicker  (Read 1744 times)

2015-10-14, 12:45:52

mtanasiewicz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys.

I'm currently fighting with close up animation of exterior, containing moving camera, moving trees(wind), moving people, moving sun and a 3D grass. I can't get rid of flickering on tree leaves, grass and glass windows. I'm using default settings with UHD cache set to animation and precision bumped to 8. Any clue?

I lowered glass reflection from 1,0 to 0,75 and changed glossiness of glass to .999 what actually made flickerring a bit stronger. I also lowered reflections on leaves grass and all the plants to 0,5-0,7 what helped but the flicker is still there.

I tried Path Tracing + Path Tracing but after 1 hour per frame(120 passess) the noise was not acceptable. Although there was no flicekring. This scene is too heavy to render it on PT + PT. On UHD cache I get 30 minutes per frame to get good result but with some flickering...

I have also noticed that probably using 3D grass strenghtens flickering on whole scene. I have rendered 30 seconds animation before with corona, but there were almost no glossy reflections, it was just a simple clay rendering with 3D trees and glass. There was no flicker at all on defaults.

I'm wondering about setting the UHD precision. There is almost no info about how to set it. The only info is that "we shouldn't set it too high"... but what is too high? is 8 too high? or is 1024 too high? :)

2015-10-14, 12:46:42
Reply #1

mtanasiewicz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this gif is a bit fast but you can see clearly ;)