Author Topic: Save multiple files from picture viewer using only lightmix pass  (Read 637 times)

2022-05-04, 14:30:04

jzillashanghai

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

Ive been struggling and searching for an answer for this but cant find the answer exactly.

Ive been using the lightmix to tweak my lighting settings from multiple light sources which is great and when I export a single frame via the picture viewer I can go in and just select the lightmix layer from the passes and export this out in whatever format I need as a single image.  My question is when Im doing animation that has multiple frames How can I just have cinema 4d export out the lightmix pass only as a png or jpg instead of a multi-layered file like PSD?  I'm not sure if this is possible or not but havent found anyone else ask this question.

All I want to do is get the render result (the lightmix result) and have cinema 4d save each frame as a png so I can drop it into after effects or premiere later?
Hope someone can help!

Many thanks!
J

2022-05-04, 15:25:01
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You should be able to change the Multipass save to something like PNG or JPG which will give you all the active Multipass elements as separate files. You can disable the ones you don't want in the Corona Multipass set up, probably uncheck the default save of "Regular Image", to avoid getting extra files you just have to delete.

Of course you won't be able to adjust the lightmix in post with this, and would need to re-render the entire animation sequence to get a different LightMix result.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-05-04, 17:53:45
Reply #2

jzillashanghai

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey Tom,

Thankyou for your help.  It does work as you've described.  I cant find a way of outputting just that light-mix pass as a single file without it exporting all of the others even by disabling the other separate passes in corona multi-pass though.  Maybe that's the only way I can get the file?  If so it just means Ill have to find a way of isolating just those files from file explorer, there's probably a way to do this through batch search and select just wondered if C4D could do this for me.

In any case you've been a great help!
Thanks Tom!
J

2022-05-04, 18:16:42
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah could be you would have to delete rather than disable the other multipasses, Max has a similar issue on insisting on saving everything. Or as you say, just clean up after, everything should be called "LightMix" somewhere in the file name. Glad it helps at least some!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us