Author Topic: chaos scatter limit test  (Read 2393 times)

2022-02-17, 09:21:05

jhlose

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As for the chaos Scatter limit test, the number of single living plants is 4.5W, and the number is 100W and 500W respectively. At 500W, it is almost impossible to update IPR. Attached is the test document

2022-02-17, 10:34:32
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
    Hi, we are aware of that, and are actively working on performance fixes/improvements.

Thanks,
    Jan
  • We are currently aware of an issue with IR when scattering bigger number of instances causes freezes (e.g. 100'000), it is advised to test this initial version with lower amount of instances
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2022-02-17, 18:55:03
Reply #2

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is Chaos Scatter already available? I missed that if it is. Will this replace using Cloners to spread items on a surface? I see it has several smart features as well.

Never mind. Didn't see there was a new daily build out. A LOT of new stuff! Great news.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-17, 20:19:15 by BigAl3D »

2022-02-18, 05:55:43
Reply #3

jhlose

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is Chaos Scatter already available? I missed that if it is. Will this replace using Cloners to spread items on a surface? I see it has several smart features as well.

Never mind. Didn't see there was a new daily build out. A LOT of new stuff! Great news.

Yes, Chaos Scatter performs better than Clone in optimizing geometric memory and Scatter location. As a matter of fact, I used the same model, even with proxy, it was difficult to calculate the number of Clone in millions, which I think is the advantage of Chaos Scatter. It would be a much better tool if fluency problems with large numbers of sctter's could be solved in the future.

2022-02-18, 21:53:00
Reply #4

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any documentation for Scatter? I can't find anything.

2022-02-18, 23:36:49
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The 3ds Max tutorials on our YouTube will cover everything but the new features, and get you up and running with how Scatter works. Then the extras like Slope Limitation and Spline Include/Excludes and preserve scaling will all be pretty easy to grasp :)

Of course there will be a webinar soon after release, plus new tutorials both for Max and C4D, but the existing Max ones will get you up and running until we have those all ready!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us