Author Topic: Motion Blur with Infinite Studio Background Setup.  (Read 2705 times)

2021-08-22, 20:38:35

Designcoyote1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I created an Infinite Studio Setup using the steps mentioned here https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000042047-how-to-create-an-infinite-background-with-the-shadow-catcher-material- and it works just fine no problem about it.

However, I have a number of animated objects in the scene and when it comes to rendering the sequence with Object or Camera motion blur ON objects just jump from their positions & either disappear or intersect with each other. If I turn OFF motion blur (both camera and object motion blur) the scene renders correctly and objects actually show up in their correct positions. I don't know if it's a bug or something but it has happened before and have had to add motion blur in post.

2021-08-22, 21:02:59
Reply #1

Designcoyote1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have attached the scene file. Problems show up when you render the scene from frame 001 - 119 (you can even do a viewport render of the current frame it's on and see). Other frames from frame 120 render correctly with Motion Blur ON & Infinite Studio Setup.

You may have to relink the HDRI in the tex folder to the Sky Object.

GoogleDrive Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16GNc1sZrzDfAWGfeGHQn61cOvYUyyEqW/view?usp=sharing

2021-08-22, 23:55:01
Reply #2

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
iirc, Display Tag isn't supported.

2021-08-23, 07:27:36
Reply #3

Designcoyote1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh well. Had not thought about that honestly. I guess I just have to look for a way around making the object appear and disappear. If anyone has idea on that please feel free to let me know

2021-08-23, 08:04:58
Reply #4

Designcoyote1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
SOLVED.

By animating the OPACITY parameter for the respective object materials, I can easily toggle visibility ON & OFF without losing out on the Motion Blur settings.

Thank you!

2021-08-23, 12:44:39
Reply #5

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

we are aware of this limitation to motion blur for some cases, and we have an internal ticket at (Internal ID=600552583).

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.