Author Topic: pass presets  (Read 1680 times)

2020-08-29, 18:05:41

ficdogg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there a way to create presets with selected passes, so I don't have to set up the same passes for each scene separately?

2020-08-30, 07:46:40
Reply #1

maherkhedder

Hi ficdogg, no you can't, but there is an alternative way to do that.

Setup your scene with the desired passes/settings and save the scene on your desktop and name it "new" then move the scene file to Maxon root "C:\Program Files\Maxon Cinema 4D RXX" these settings will be your default in any time you opens Cinema 4D.

This method applies almost to everything, you can set up anything you want in this scene (Render engine/settings, materials, objects in the manager and a lot of things)

2020-08-30, 16:51:40
Reply #2

ficdogg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey maherkhedder, thanks for the suggestion, I'm using the trick with modifying the NEW.c4d file for something else, but it's not quite what I needed.
I wish they could somehow shove the passes in render settings like with physical and standard, then the built in presets option would work.

But I did find a workaround.
Yesterday I tried making an empty scene with all my passed and then merging that one with my main work scene file. Didnt work.
However, I later realized I had the order reveresed, I needed to have the empty "passes" scene open and then merge the work file in to that one, not the other way around.
Not an elegant solution but it works.