Author Topic: Glass Mattes  (Read 2148 times)

2016-12-30, 03:35:45

Crazy Homeless Guy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Is it possible to have a glass material present in a matte, and have an object behind the glass material present in the matte?

Below is a simple Corona rendering with the matching matte passes.  The first image in the Corona series is the base setup with the glass object visible to the pass, and the second is the result with the "Visible in masks" un-ticked. 

The second attached image is a Vray matte pass with the "Affect channels" set to "All channels."  Doing this allows me to have a good matte for the both the glass, and the objects behind the glass in one pass.

2016-12-30, 11:29:32
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Not yet, but there is such request registered already. You can cast your vote for this feature's faster implementation here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,96.0.html
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-12-30, 18:39:12
Reply #2

Crazy Homeless Guy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks.  I cast my vote.

I am scratching my head as to why this thread was moved to a resolved feature request when it is an item that isn't resolved?  Maybe it has it been addressed in version 1.6?
« Last Edit: 2016-12-30, 18:44:31 by Crazy Homeless Guy »

2016-12-30, 19:28:44
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Don't worry, that was made just to keep board clean of duplicated requests. AFAIK your requested feature is not planned in upcoming release, but you always can keep an eye on what's coming in next release: https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-road-map-3ds-max
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures