Author Topic: In a secluded forest  (Read 5424 times)

2016-11-17, 16:09:17

seki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
I would like here to gradually add the currently unfinished personal project on which I'm doing that here too something happening :) comments and advice welcome to have it stare too long, and fundamental deficiencies are easy to overlook :(. It's all WIP, so that the materials models etc. But gradually adding assets attached and after the main render I have a plan to convert it into CryENGINE and created a map of mini skits :) So hopefully before I retire I'll finish it: D Thanks for the response.

Actual test

« Last Edit: 2018-03-26, 13:56:28 by seki »

2016-11-19, 09:13:29
Reply #1

Avan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I like how light and solid main render looks. And i think you have two ways for implementation of final work : keep the materials characteristics as it is and make deep postpro or polish materials
for more realistic result and minimize postproduction. Why am i saying so? Because this two ways have a right to life! I hope you'll be able to finish the work. Have a nice day!

2016-11-19, 16:21:08
Reply #2

seki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Thank you, and my first question. How do I make realistic river? I tested a lot of material that I found on the internet, but I was never satisfied with the result. I'd like to have something similar here, http://cs869.vkontakte.ru/u9920468/92303212/x_ab2e6915.jpg  or if you have any your type as you do. I'd love for your help :)

EDIT: I testing new material for water. I think is better result and still is not ideal :)
« Last Edit: 2016-11-19, 19:48:49 by seki »

2016-11-20, 11:10:56
Reply #3

Avan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can simplify the water material but keep two positions in the mind :  use OceanTexMap (from phoenix FD) for water displasment and try to model water not only as surface but as volume. i've used this tricks at once  and i think it was quite good try. Here is two pics with raw prerender and artistic post. Good luck!

In additional you can use the new CoronaDistance map to achieving an interesting water effects near wooden columns.

2016-11-20, 22:02:51
Reply #4

seki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Avan: thx :) and new test river water...

2016-11-22, 18:39:48
Reply #5

Avan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It looks better. You can also try such material setup : 1.0 level for reflection/refraction, both 1.33 ior, with no glossines of course. Than simply set a slight absorbtion colour (greeneesh for examaple) and distance to your taste (bigger distance - less coloration). That'll all possible setup :) Now it's time to polish the other materials :)

2016-11-23, 08:38:16
Reply #6

seki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
thx, I tested some new settings the water and is better. Next time  modelling new models for scene. Add horse, peoples and remodeling shore.

2018-03-25, 01:21:43
Reply #7

seki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Something after a year I got back to this split project and maybe it's on the right track to get it :)
It's a still test that dropped out of the renderer without postproduction.
I will still produce some models to make it more live and if there is any feedback so I can edit the scene :)