Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
[Max] I need help! / Reflections on car paint
« Last post by dzdesign on Yesterday at 11:06:45 »
Hi,
I'm trying to render some car models for paint options/swatches etc etc.

But the lights reflections are coming out a bit weird.

Attached are images and closeups.

Any idea why this would be?

Thank Yu
Dimitris
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Instances with Decals. Problem
« Last post by Beanzvision on Yesterday at 11:02:16 »
Thanks @ Beanz
I assume this will work fine.
Thanks again :)

You're welcome! If not, let me know :)
« Last post by wardy_mk on Yesterday at 11:01:14 »
Thanks @ Beanz
I assume this will work fine.
Thanks again :)
The new Daily ( 19.4.) is still UNUSABLE!!!!!!!!
« Last post by Beanzvision on Yesterday at 10:43:47 »
@Beanz

Here's the scene.... I've left out the HDRI as it's too large.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, in the decals include/exclude, try adding the instance here as well. I hope this helps :)

« Last post by wardy_mk on Yesterday at 07:55:08 »
@Beanz

Here's the scene.... I've left out the HDRI as it's too large.

Thanks in advance.
100%.
It's not difficult for the program to say "it's got the same name but IS it the same material? No? Let's import it as a new material" just like with any other material...
« Last post by wardy_mk on Yesterday at 07:51:49 »
Ooh tried it, no joy....!
[Max] I need help! / Re: geosphere as background
« Last post by Tom on Yesterday at 04:36:39 »
Interestingly, I just discovered that I had encountered this bug in my last scene without knowing where it came from. I had thought that my backplate was the culprit but didn't have time to address the issue. So thank you @leo_surrealismo for this very informative thread.

The workaround seems effective, it's always better than fixing the bug in Photoshop :) but I see that the post dates back to 2021: so it's not planned to find a fix in a future Corona version?
[Max] I need help! / Re: mapping help
« Last post by Erich on Yesterday at 03:08:44 »

It's combination of material ID and Corona multi-map. Polygons of the bottle has two different material IDs assigned to them - ID1 for polygons that should have knurling and ID2 for polygons that shouldn't have it. On material side, it's Corona multi-map that's defining which ID will have knurling and which will have 0 displacement. Hope that makes sense.

Hey Romullus. I was able to figure it out based on your description. Thank you once again from your very detailed help. I have learned a lot from you in this project. One thing I am realizing is that some of the effects you created using Corona nodes could also be done just in Photoshop. For example, you used gradient ramps to hide parts of the displacement texture. I think I could do the same thing just using photoshop and hiding the areas that I don't want to be displaced by covering those areas of the displacement texture with black in Photoshop. I wonder if just using photoshop for these effects might be a lot easier to achieve and allow for greater flexibility?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10