Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
[Max] General Discussion / Re: 3DSMax 2025 ACES and Corona Render
« Last post by TomG on Yesterday at 21:51:44 »
We got delayed from last Wed, but the HF for 2025 is out now. https://corona-renderer.com/download
General CG Discussion / Re: 3ds max 2025
« Last post by TomG on Yesterday at 21:51:04 »
And it's "Mon of next week" - and indeed the HF is live! https://corona-renderer.com/download
[Max] General Discussion / Re: Corona render 11 for 3dsmax 2025
« Last post by TomG on Yesterday at 21:50:32 »
Just so you don't miss the news, the HF for Max 2025 compatibility is out now :) https://corona-renderer.com/download
[C4D] General Discussion / Re: C4D 2024.4 Particles
« Last post by TomG on Yesterday at 21:37:07 »
That's what I saw too in a video about particles (though all the ones I found just focused on the generation and simulation, and stopped before talking about rendering lol!)
[Max] I need help! / CTexMap not showing same RGB values as the loaded texmap
« Last post by iLEZ on Yesterday at 21:30:43 »
Hello! Returning Corona user here.

Background: I'm trying to render images without any shading whatsoever, just 1:1 to a PNG that is projected onto the model. This needs to be both quick and flawless, IE absolutely no noise or other AA artifacts whatsoever, just a 3k render of a high-rez bitmap projected on a model. Thousands of times, different camera angles, different bitmaps. This is for a heavy post-production pipeline involving both my flat RGB pass and several B/W masks that I create from source files. Think "glossy lacquer", "gold material" etc. Pixels need to be perfect for the retouchers to use my passes as masks. So far Fstorm is the only renderer that does this the way I want, but I'm looking at other renderers, and I own a Corona license, so I'm trying new stuff, since Fstorm is kind of slow and sometimes has hard to correct stepping artifacts in the AA.

Situation: Scene with packaging and stickers as models. I have a CoronaMultiMap with several bitmaps loaded into it. These are untouched, as they will be later, IE no changes to color space or anything. I also have a render element with a CTexmap, with the CoronaMultiMap piped into it.

Problem: When I press render and scroll to the Ctexmap, the RGB values are waaaaaay darker than the input bitmaps. I don't even need to open my original bitmap in PS and paste the image from the frame buffer, it's obviously wrong.

Question: What to do? I use Max 2024, about to tentatively switch to 25. Running Corona 11.
Off-Topic / Re: PC Diagnostic software recommendations?
« Last post by aaouviz on Yesterday at 21:04:47 »
Thanks Juraj, I thought you might be the right guy to answer :)

Yep, event viewer seems to have told me it was a Kernel Power error. Not much info other than that.

Welp, this problem has plagued me 3 years now. I might have to look into those endless "Help on new PC" threads I often ignore here on the Corona forums.
Off-Topic / Re: PC Diagnostic software recommendations?
« Last post by Juraj on Yesterday at 20:54:33 »
I am not aware of anything myself, but few things can be done:

1) Event Viewer (just type that into Windows Start menu). Particularly Windows Logs/System and then red-icon Kernel issues. But it is bit of like finding needle in hay since even the events themselves will simply tell you that certain driver caused crash for example, but nothing beyond that. It can sometimes provides good hint, esp. if it's driver related. And then you can do a bit of googling of that.

2) Hardware stability the biggest one being MemTest, tests stability of your memory. That was always massive Achilles heel of 2990WX. Can be run for hours ideally, overnight. Not much to do if it tells you that memory is corrupted. 2990WX is capable of running 128GB, even on low-end motherboards like Prime, even with low-end memory modules, but it requires very conservative setup. Like 2667 MT/s for example, instead of 2933/3200. I don't remember the tinkering fondly.

I have plenty of blue-screens with even the latest&greatest hardware. Sometimes it's random stuff like latest Windows 11 update no longer being friendly with ancient drivers for Realtek audio chip, or Intel LAN/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth driver, etc.. etc.. (Windows installs those drivers automatically, but those drivers are often dinosaur era)
And solution to that is endless uninstall/reinstall of random drivers.

[Max] I need help! / Re: mapping help
« Last post by Erich on Yesterday at 20:27:15 »
Good effort. You may want to try to add gradient ramp to decal material's opacity or displacement channel to smooth out transition between knurled and smooth parts, it's kinda harsh now.

Thanks for that tip Romullus. That sounds like a great idea. I have actually used 3 decals on the bottle: 1) a clear glass decal to create an area slightly larger than the label which removes the displacement effect in and around the label, 2) a decal for the background (black) material and 3) a decal for the decal graphics. So I am assuming what you are suggesting is that I would add the gradient ramp to the 1st decal (the glass material which is removing the displacement of the bottle). I will give that a try.

You can do all that without decals by combining several materials, or maps and use several mapping channels to control placement of different elements. It might not be as convenient to use as decals, but on the other hand it's much easier to export such asset to different applications.

I would love to see how that could be done, however, I am still relatively new to Corona. Can you recommend a tutorial that shows how I could do all that, or tell me which mapping channels you would use to achieve this effect?
Off-Topic / PC Diagnostic software recommendations?
« Last post by aaouviz on Yesterday at 20:23:27 »
My PC is causing me trouble. It's almost always had problems but I've just dealt with it. I'm on the verge of buying a new one (it's time anyway) but right now I just don't want that worry.

I'm wondering if anyone has good software recommendations to help pinpoint what the issue might be? I'm often getting the blue-screen crash, a memory load dump, if I recall correctly.

It's generally gotten pretty bad over the course of approx. 2 months to the point of being unusable at which point I replace the windows SSD and things seem to work all fine again. But this time it hasn't helped. I'm now thinking it might be my graphics card. I've replaced the RAM. I thought the RAM was a real problem as the PC could never handle 128gb of RAM, so I've always only had 64gb installed with another 64gb sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust.

It generally happens under moderate-high load, but sometimes not.

My full system:
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX
GP: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB
MB: Asus Prime x399-a
RAM: 4 x 16gb DDR4
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500gb

Any tips in pinpointing the problem appreciated!
[C4D] General Discussion / Re: C4D 2024.4 Particles
« Last post by Stefan-L on Yesterday at 19:39:17 »
i think you can use a c4d cloner as source i read (instead of the RS opearator thing) then they shouldbe kind of multi instances.
havent yet time to test this myself though, but somebody recommedned that for non RS use on reddit i think
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10