Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
[C4D] Bug Reporting / Re: CoronaSky with projection dome broken ?
« Last post by riccky on Today at 12:42:56 »
Damned no success here using the last version of corona. Here is a simple scene with a basic setup : a sphere a plane and a sky with a hdri. Thanks
https://we.tl/t-MYPOdjs1Dv
I hope solution for your problem is found, but I will like to stress that if in some case you have non-retail stepping (ES/QS/etc..), the issue can be with on-chip memory controller which creates certain spiral of firmware/OS issues that can manifest under certain workloads (whether it's scheduler issues, CPU groups, NUMA nodes, etc..).

So if Corona team received fully retail unit (which in 2024 means all-in-one system for most Epyc stuff), they might not be able to replicate your issue.

It's bit risky proposition to build custom multi-CPU servers today, too many variables with zero support. Super hard to investigate and find what can be culprit.

Not saying that's the case, just be prepared.

Nice to know that Corona devs got the machine though.
Hardware / Re: PC Diagnostic software recommendations?
« Last post by Juraj on Today at 12:35:27 »
Nothing, X399 was dead-end platform, so no further options. And so was TRX40. AMD didn't do good job with keeping continuity sadly.

Any upgrade you might want, you will need to jump to new platform (CPU+Motherboard+DDR5).

2990WX was mostly very inconsistent with performance, it was heavily memory latency dependent (only half the cores can access memory, the other half have to go through that first half first).
It would work great under one situation, then badly under other..

Nowadays, that's no longer the case with any option on market. Even mainstream non-workstation platforms, like AMD Ryzen 9 7950X demolish the 2nd gen Threadrippers with 2x single-speed core, super consistent performance in every situation and can even support 192GB DDR5 memory, though it's bit tricky to get it work as well.

« Last post by aaouviz on Today at 12:26:50 »
I was actually ignorant to any 2990WX common issues. I guess this is the likely cause of my persistent problems then?

I wonder what I can upgrade to if I want to just replace the CPU (and maybe MB?)?
[C4D] Bug Reporting / XRefs Generator and IR
« Last post by John_Do on Today at 12:24:37 »
Hi,

I'm using some XRefs in my scene and the following message pops up even when the XRefs aren't loaded (I only enable them for the final render).

Would it be possible to take the load state in account ? Or better, could the generator mode be supported in IR ?

Thanks !
« Last post by Juraj on Today at 12:13:14 »
I didn't want to say that, but I also thought that 2990WX is best relegated to history, it just wasn't good chip with its unique half-dies-only-mem-access architecture gimmick.

This is of course fully budget related, I also try to abide today with "if it works, keep it" instead of wasting money&time on latest&greatest stuff unless it's given to me for free.
But 2990WX was just mistake in retrospect.
[C4D] Bug Reporting / Re: CoronaSky with projection dome broken ?
« Last post by pokoy on Today at 12:06:48 »
Hi,
I want to use the dome projection with a hdri and strange result here. Can you confirm a bug ?
Thanks
With dome mode you have to keep the radius/camera values somewhat realistic. A too small radius may end up looking like what you have, try increasing it.
We are checking this out :) In fact we just took delivery of a new super high core/thread count dual EPYC machine this week so that we can better investigate any reported issues along these lines.

Great, that would be great, it is also very frustrating to work in interactive rendering(IR): before i can make any change (for example the color materials or move an object) i have to wait until IR finish rendering (max passes) so we put max passes at 5 (btw the thread override IR is set to -16)
We still can use Photoshop and other programs, just max hangs (test this with HF11.1 and 2021.3 and 2024.2)
Hi there, can you share a test scene? It's working here. What version are you using?

Same here - I don't get it. There are cases where this is useful, technical or artistic, removing it just doesn't make sense. On the contrary, it was something that was missing for some users and requested, please bring it back.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10