Author Topic: romullus wips  (Read 225919 times)

2014-02-17, 20:20:39
Reply #30

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
it is actually quite simple, but its your decision ;). Anyways, if you are having any problems, trying it with daily builds would help also me
Now, this definitely put some pressure on me, because i'm feeling guilty by using such marvelous software for free and not giving anything in return :]
I'll try it, thank you.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-02-17, 22:47:28
Reply #31

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
@Keymaster

is it possible to install the daily builds next to A5 (on one/same PC)
If so, is it still possible to use Backburner and will backburner choose for A5 whenever a job is assigned to that PC?
(Hope it is clear what I mean)

Why?
Cause I use A5 for my commercial projects, but I am willing to test the daily builds.

cheers

Johan

2014-02-17, 23:46:03
Reply #32

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it can be done via switching 3dsmax plugin folder path. I have no experience though
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-02-18, 00:17:53
Reply #33

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I have a separate external folder containing different builds with all plugin and dll files (A5, dailies, important steps etc). One of these subfolders is referenced in all the plugin inis over the network (or more precisely: they all include another ini which targets the plugin folder, easier to maintain that way). The important thing is to include the path where the dlls lie into the path environment variable on every machine - without that max will fail loading and complain about missing dlls.
So this way I don't need to have the files in my max folder and can just rename the build's folders which then load different files on each max start.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-02-18, 00:33:04
Reply #34

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I have a separate external folder containing different builds with all plugin and dll files (A5, dailies, important steps etc). One of these subfolders is referenced in all the plugin inis over the network (or more precisely: they all include another ini which targets the plugin folder, easier to maintain that way). The important thing is to include the path where the dlls lie into the path environment variable on every machine - without that max will fail loading and complain about missing dlls.
So this way I don't need to have the files in my max folder and can just rename the build's folders which then load different files on each max start.

I wish I was smart as this man :- ) I would simplify my brute approach to everything so much. But I am primitive, so I'll guess I'll just need to get a hold on of some tech guy instead.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-02-18, 08:58:37
Reply #35

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

I wish I was smart as this man :- ) I would simplify my brute approach to everything so much. But I am primitive, so I'll guess I'll just need to get a hold on of some tech guy instead.

OK, I have to admit I feel the same way as Juraj.
But thanks Deadclown I will give it a try.

cheers

Johan
« Last Edit: 2014-02-18, 09:05:36 by belly »

2014-02-19, 06:12:25
Reply #36

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
That's pretty sick. you see the reflection on the handle in this bucket.

http://factorydirectcraft.com/pimages/20050702174551-514643/9_galvanized_metal_wash_tub.jpg

It reflects all of the handle. On the one you did it skips, it could be that it needs a layer or reflection, no?

But it looks sick, so does the animation. great work

2014-02-20, 13:29:39
Reply #37

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
The "problem" is, that galvanized steel comes in such huge variety of looks, depending on type of manufacturing, ageing and so on. It's impossible to replicate all those looks in one material.

Ok, here's my next wip. Formica rufa. I did this render mainly because i wanted to compare corona with mr in terms of speed. Oh boy, mental ray so embarrassed himself it's even not funny.

2014-02-21, 11:59:58
Reply #38

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Since i cannot get access to dailies, i have to stick to A5. Still, so much fun. I rendered very quick and dirty animation over night, just to see how ant rig, i did recently, works in motion. Not bad in my opinion, but still very much to do. Updates will follow, i guess.

« Last Edit: 2014-06-16, 23:00:49 by romullus »

2014-02-21, 12:13:46
Reply #39

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is awesome!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-02-21, 12:16:45
Reply #40

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Looks like the ant is suffering from Parkinson ;-)

Good job well done!!

2014-02-21, 13:15:32
Reply #41

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

2014-02-21, 16:00:04
Reply #42

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
very quick and dirty animation

Oh well.. if you say so :)
It's very good. I mean I don't have nose sticking to screen but at first play I wasn't feeling like watching some quick dirty CG.
WellDone !!

2014-02-21, 20:10:19
Reply #43

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Hi Romullus, nice animation.

How many frames?
Avg rendertime per frame?
How Many passes?

2014-02-21, 20:45:16
Reply #44

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thanks everyone for your comments. Currently i'm working on walk cycle, so parkinson symptoms should be gone, next time you'll see it :]

It's very good. I mean I don't have nose sticking to screen but at first play I wasn't feeling like watching some quick dirty CG.
WellDone !!
All credits to Corona for that, my part was quite small :]

How many frames?
Avg rendertime per frame?
How Many passes?
What i especially like about progressive rendering, it's posibility to control rendertime very precisely. I knew how many frames my animation is and when i want Corona to finish render it.  So i divided available seconds by frame count and inputed what i got into Corona's time limit field and in the morning i had my animation finished. Wicked!
It was 2 minutes per frame, but it's irrelevant.