Author Topic: Asus Z10PE-D8 WS motherboard beeps?  (Read 25466 times)

2014-11-18, 17:35:48
Reply #15

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That sounds great! I will use the Samsung ssd for OS and the OCZ for ongoing projects :)

It´s an Geforce 980 GTX card (Gigabyte GV-N980G1 GAMING-4GD) and it should have enough power since I´m using a Corsair AX1200i Power Supply?

I will try to re-seat the gpu to another PCI-E slot and se if that makes any changes. I put it on PCI-E slot 3 to get it away from the Noctua cooler a bit :)

2014-11-18, 17:47:11
Reply #16

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
That sounds great! I will use the Samsung ssd for OS and the OCZ for ongoing projects :)

It´s an Geforce 980 GTX card (Gigabyte GV-N980G1 GAMING-4GD) and it should have enough power since I´m using a Corsair AX1200i Power Supply?

I will try to re-seat the gpu to another PCI-E slot and se if that makes any changes. I put it on PCI-E slot 3 to get it away from the Noctua cooler a bit :)

No absolutely fine, 1200i is super overkill for your machine, you might as well get 3 GPUs :- ) and still be fine. But did you connect all the necessary power connectors, to correct voltage slots in PSU ?
I know by 99perc. you did, but sometimes this can be confusing and mistake is easily done as PSUs often don't label which slot has with voltage.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-11-18, 18:11:17
Reply #17

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That´s what I thought, that it´s a bit of a overkill. However I rather have more power than I´m using then the other way around :)

Do you mean connecting the graphic cards PCI-E power cords to the correct slots on the PSU? If so then yes, double checked that now.

It´s kind of hard to place it wrong http://www.inet.se/files/img/max/6911367_7.png :)

Or am understanding something wrong?

After I finished a backup I will re-seat the gpu and see if I get some different result!

2014-11-18, 19:33:50
Reply #18

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Small update:

Tried re-seating the graphics card without any change, still the same problem.

Also the graphics card fan is spinning fully(noisy) when starting the computer all the way to the login screen where it settles down and becomes almost totally silent.
Perhaps the graphics card is not fully compatible with the asus motherboard?

2014-11-18, 19:45:10
Reply #19

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Small update:

Tried re-seating the graphics card without any change, still the same problem.

Also the graphics card fan is spinning fully(noisy) when starting the computer all the way to the login screen where it settles down and becomes almost totally silent.
Perhaps the graphics card is not fully compatible with the asus motherboard?

No that's quite regular behaviour, but you can run benchmark on it as well.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2014-11-18, 20:06:31
Reply #20

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I will runt 3DMark and see if the gpu performs as it should.

Starting to iron out some problems, but still some left before I can use the workstation without worrying :)

2014-11-18, 23:02:30
Reply #21

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The graphics card benchmark worked without any problems.

I´m almost out of ideas regarding these problems so perhaps they will work themselves out :)

2014-11-19, 01:57:21
Reply #22

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
The graphics card benchmark worked without any problems.

I´m almost out of ideas regarding these problems so perhaps they will work themselves out :)

What about passmark ? Cinebench 11.5 and 15 ? If those will produce results as expected than I guess you're fine almost :- )

2014-11-19, 10:56:17
Reply #23

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I´ve tried them but I don´t know if they produce the correct result :)

However I got an answer from Asus and they say:

1: your PSU does not deliver correct voltage (even if new)
2: your wall socket is giving out bad power, meaning the power curve is bad and causes brownout or deformed pulses, this can cause instability in the power grid.

So Í gonna try switching to my old computers power supply and the if that changes or return the new one to the reseller.

Hopefully after this everything will work :)

Also the Samsung 850 pro seems good! Will be interesting to try the "Rapid mode" and see if it makes any difference.

2014-11-23, 11:33:04
Reply #24

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found out that one of the beeps was regarding my graphics card. Apparently BIOS doesn´t understand what it is.

In BIOS the only way to fix that was to switch video from "Legacy" to "UEFI".
With that change the system became extremely slow and weird. Loaded Windows in like 0.5 sec but then the screens went to sleep.

Seems weird that this new board doesn´t fully support new graphics cards.

This board is slow and seem to have some problems.

I´d wouldn´t recommend anyone this motherboard, it doesn´t feel finished and more rushed for release...

2014-11-23, 17:04:38
Reply #25

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Do you have the latest Motherboard version? Just check if they have any hotfix for that problem. It happen the same thing with a HDD I have.

2014-11-23, 17:09:43
Reply #26

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, latest BIOS is installed, or did you mean something else?

The overclocking feature of this board doesn´t seem to work either haha!

Anyway, everything is working (with the beeps) so that´s good :)

2014-11-23, 17:16:32
Reply #27

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
I meant some hotfix update. Also, check the graphics card website and see if they are aware of the problem.

2014-11-23, 17:23:24
Reply #28

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I see! No, no hotfix that I have found at least, I don´t think Asus is aware of the problems....
As far as I understand it is Asus who have to update the motherboard/bios to recognize the graphics card? Or am I thinking wrong here?

I got everything working, and everything seem stable so I probably leave the workstation as it is and call these problems solved :)

Thank you for trying to help :)

2014-11-23, 17:40:09
Reply #29

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
I see! No, no hotfix that I have found at least, I don´t think Asus is aware of the problems....
As far as I understand it is Asus who have to update the motherboard/bios to recognize the graphics card? Or am I thinking wrong here?

I got everything working, and everything seem stable so I probably leave the workstation as it is and call these problems solved :)

Thank you for trying to help :)

It really depends to be honest. For example, my motherboard wasn't recognizing the Samsung HDD. I checked the Motherboard's website and the only thing available was some minor hotfixs. After some search, I went to Samsung's website and found a firmware update specifically for my issue. So, sometimes it pays off checking both ends and keep reporting the issue to both.