Author Topic: Breakdown a LUT  (Read 2343 times)

2021-02-22, 17:08:54

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone know if it's possible to get under the hood of a LUT to figure out what it's actually doing to the image?  How would I be able to view that information?  For sure I can see with my eyes by turning it on and off, but I'm thinking on more of a technical level, and being able to break it down just to get a better understanding.  Or to get a better understanding of what a specific LUT is likely to do to an image before applying it, or to be able to create something very similar by using standard post tools without using the LUT.

2021-02-24, 13:55:56
Reply #1

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/how-to-generate-easy-luts-in-photoshop/

Don't know if this is the control you are looking for? This is how I sometimes create my own lut's when necessary.

2021-02-24, 13:58:10
Reply #2

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm actually trying to do the opposite.  Take an existing LUT (downloaded from the web) and reverse engineer it

2021-02-24, 23:05:02
Reply #3

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well, all you need is an original image to compare it to modified one and find differences, extract modifications - generate LUTs

and here are FF's googled results for "image compare to generate LUT"

enjoy

2021-03-02, 15:35:52
Reply #4

vemod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
https://3dlutcreator.com/3d-lut-creator---materials-and-luts.html

Download the Hald16 and apply the LUT to your image if you want to see exactly what's done to all colors, download the "Colors of RGB space" image or the color wheels if you want a slightly more human readable but less accurate representation.

2021-03-02, 15:39:31
Reply #5

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you , will check it out