Author Topic: Blender Exporter v3 released  (Read 161315 times)

2018-05-21, 17:33:41
Reply #60

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Does the standalone support texture baking?
It does not. It is possible to do though, we just need to define new camera format. Let us first solve some issues with the current 3dsmax texture baking implementation.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-05-29, 01:22:31
Reply #61

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Does the standalone support texture baking?
It does not. It is possible to do though, we just need to define new camera format. Let us first solve some issues with the current 3dsmax texture baking implementation.

Thanks Ondra. :- )

2018-08-17, 10:27:46
Reply #62

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there, Any way to speed up the exporter speed? Currently I'm working on quite big scene with water simulation, made using Flip Fliuds for Blender and I love to render it external on render farm. Anyway as I see while exporting the blender use only 10% of my CPU. Is there any chance t ospeed it up? I've got "Binary Mesh Export" and  "Corona Multi Threaded" checked. Corona Verbose is unchecked. I'm also using Corona3.0  from Monday and Bledner 2.78c

2018-08-19, 09:17:46
Reply #63

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
Do you have a smaller sample scene? I might be able to optimise for your scene.

2018-08-20, 08:09:22
Reply #64

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you have a smaller sample scene? I might be able to optimise for your scene.

Not really - the mesh is made using FlipFluid addon and it's payed- The addon generates a lot of particles like foam and bubbles in the water. so I'm not abble to make smaller scene using it. You can download demo addon with demo scenes and remake the simulation on your computer, that will be faster. Without particles, using only fluid mesh, I didn't had any issues. With particles I gave up after 48h of exporting. The same scene was exported in 5 minutes using Vrayaddon, but I'd love to render this scene using Corona - even only stills without any animation.

Here is flip fluids demo:
https://github.com/rlguy/Blender-FLIP-Fluids/wiki/FLIP-Fluids-Demo-Addon

« Last Edit: 2018-08-20, 08:44:26 by Zorian »

2018-08-20, 11:21:30
Reply #65

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After playing around with that, the instances are what is killing it.  Unfortunately instances are still quite verbose (xml).  On the invisible box frame demo scene frame 57 it goes from 18,000 instanced objects with no particles to 144,000 instanced objects with all the particles.  whitewater foam being the largest number by far.  I imagine in your scene the particles would be in the millions...

You can speed it up by turning off corona debug messages as a few lines of output are currently displayed per instance which is less than ideal :)

I could possibly speed it up more by letting you adjust the matrix precision currently hardcoded to 8 decimal points.

I might be able to greatly speed it up if I can setup a repeated template and reuse it over and over.  It might take a few days but leave it with me.

2018-08-20, 13:10:58
Reply #66

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot! yes, indeed there is a lot of particle settings and I hope that worth it! Currently I've made one shot using V-ray but I love Corona:) As I spoke with the guy from Garagefarm, there can be option to render the whole animation even using Corona. But it depends on exporter speed.

I'm waiting in patience:)

2018-08-21, 05:12:54
Reply #67

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
He Zorian,

Check out the latest release.  On one of the sample scenes with foam it went from 34 second export time down to 0.8 seconds.

I doubt without spending a great more time on it I can get it much faster.

Thanks for suggesting it using dupli's are now much much more efficient.

2018-08-21, 12:55:37
Reply #68

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks. It's faster but not fast enough to try it on my scene:p I was exporting the scene in two hours but it didn't succes So i had to come back to commited projects. Anyway I see two issues - cannot use corona 1.7 and above and window to choose the materials disappeared.

Edit:
Version 8.0.11 Works fine with Corona 3.0 I don't know which version causes the problems earlier. I think that archive called coronablender-render_corona-dfbd7e3196cb but I'm not sure which version ii was, cuz i changed version txt to 9.0.0 :D
« Last Edit: 2018-08-21, 13:30:02 by Zorian »

2018-08-22, 00:09:25
Reply #69

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When you say works and doesn't work what do you mean exactly?  This was a minimal change but unless the new scene format isn't compatible with older versions it should work.

No idea why the material window would disappear, that is displayed by blender itself.

2018-08-22, 12:00:13
Reply #70

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the first part of my post was written quicker than I downloaded the official release from bitbucket - it was updated using updater settings and cause problem with downloading a version called 9.0.0

After downloading version 8.0.11 and installing it manually- it works, but only with Corona 1.6 in case with flip fluids. with newer versions of Corona still works but with smaller files i think.

Summary:
Flip fluids works with Corona 1.6.3 and exporter 8.0.11
small scenes works with Corona 1.6.3. - 3.0.0 on exprter 8.0.11

2018-09-17, 00:03:41
Reply #71

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Where can I download the standalone files?.
I found a link at bitbucket which redirected me to a dropbox folder but there's nothing here.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kgzu0cqy903ygmb/AADkxxFBu1eemh8Hkioh2bP1a/!Standalone?dl=0
Please could you provide me a link from where I can download the standalone version?.
Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards.

2018-09-17, 00:15:10
Reply #72

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't think they are available anymore.

2018-09-17, 00:15:54
Reply #73

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There is a standalone in the 3Ds MAX version and C4D version as well though

2018-09-17, 13:42:41
Reply #74

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But, is it necessary a standalone version to work with Blender's Corona addon?.