Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

CoronaVolume edge adjustments

(1/1)

JoachimArt:
Would it be possible to make an ability to increase the fade distance and strength on the borders of Corona volumes?
Lets say you want to make an intense noise fog inside a volume box, in order for that currently the box gets a really harsch edge towards the borders, so the boundingbox/model becomes very clear. It would be very nice if you could have full control over thickness inside a volume box but still increase the feathering distance and intensity

TomG:
Corona Distance Map? :)

JoachimArt:
I tried, but you cannot add any of the corona maps into the absorption slots, from what I gather

maru:

--- Quote from: JoachimArt on 2018-10-31, 15:28:01 ---I tried, but you cannot add any of the corona maps into the absorption slots, from what I gather

--- End quote ---
Huh? Maybe the examples here will help: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000017221
It should work, but will be a bit cumbersome. I'd say this is a valid feature request.

JoachimArt:
That's strange, yeah it works to add it now. But last time I tried connecting distance map to the volume material, it refused to connect in the material editor. But never mind that, guess my 3ds Max must have been in a strange mood that day. Nonetheless not an optimal solution.

As you say it would be awesome to have some options for the falloff distance & strength so you can easily make the volumes disappear as you would like. Since you have Corona Volume fix/improvements on the Roadmap, this would be a nice addition to that list :) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version