Author Topic: Big problem found with smoothing and animation!  (Read 1661 times)

2018-06-19, 08:00:00

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
Hi, I have a very simple scene with a cube that changes height throughout an animation, from being rather flat rectangle and then transforms into a square. Its just a normal Box with the height parameter changed over time. But, I have a edit poly modifier on top that changes its autosmooth on top of this animation. When I play this animation in the viewport it plays fine (!), if I put on a grey material and render with Scanline it renders fine. But with Corona it takes like 5 minutes for every frame, it says "transforming vertices" before it starts rendering. So even though each frame takes about 30 seconds to render, it still takes 5-6 minutes for each frame because Corona isn't able to start the render. If I remove the Edit poly modifier, it renders instantly!. Also I tried adding a smooth modifier instead, it renders faster but still takes a lot of time compared to whats normal.

I tried with the current 1.7 build and the 2.0 RC3 build, same problem with both!

I can send you the scene if that would help pinpoint whats causing this, but its a commissioned job, so I have to send it directly to someone.

2018-06-19, 08:49:20
Reply #1

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Yes, the scene would sure be helpful in debugging this issue. You can use the private uploader from my signature.

2018-06-19, 14:26:15
Reply #2

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
Yes, the scene would sure be helpful in debugging this issue. You can use the private uploader from my signature.

THanks I have sent you the scene now. You should try to select the "Mainbox" model and render with and without the edit poly modifier in the stack. The edit poly only changes the smoothing groups.

2019-02-07, 11:12:05
Reply #3

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Are you still experiancing this issue?

If so, please let me know and I will investigate it further.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!