Author Topic: (Daily Build 2020-02-27) - Triplanar & Mix Strength  (Read 2585 times)

2020-03-27, 17:28:08

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hello :)

Turns out that if you put the Triplanar shader directly into any of the material slots and would like to adjust its mix strength the renderer ignores the changes and just fully displays the Triplanar shader.

So basically, you cannot use Mix Strength together with the Triplanar shader.

Haven't tested it in v5 but from what I recall the issue might be present there as well.

« Last Edit: 2020-03-27, 17:47:36 by Nejc Kilar »
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2020-05-05, 16:58:38
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Can somebody from the dev team acknowledge this? :o

edit: we can use the mix / strength sliders inside the tri-planar shader. I suppose I'm just wondering whether this is a limitation or works as intended. The way it works inside the shader is fine btw.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-05, 17:12:50 by Nejc Kilar »

2020-05-05, 22:16:18
Reply #2

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Nejc!

This seems to be working fine for me. Here, I'm mixing the yellow color with red, green and blue in the Triplanar Shader and it seems to work correctly. Could you maybe share a simple scene where it fails for you?

2020-05-06, 09:36:28
Reply #3

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Not quite what I'm getting here to be honest :) It is not a major issue at all because right inside the tri-planar shader there is the same functionality on offer - sure, it's a bit surprising it doesn't work in the diffuse channel but we can easily get the same result, we just need to go inside the tri-planar shader.

edit: The same issue appears when you for example place a tri-planar shader inside a color mix to drive glossiness maps or stuff like that. Whatever is on top of the tri-planar shader simply doesn't want to take mixing into the account (like the mix strength slider in the color mix shader). Again, I personally wouldn't consider this a top priority issue because the workaround is to go inside the tri-planar shader and use the mix strength in there. Still, it would be really nice if this issue isn't forgotten.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-06, 10:44:45 by Nejc Kilar »