Author Topic: CNC Virtual Reality  (Read 3596 times)

2018-04-18, 10:28:39

Roxane

• Users
    • View Profile
    • Carmine - Crimson ArchViz Studio
New to the forum and to Corona after using Vray for 14 years we would like to share with you our last VR experiences created in Corona.
The architects in charge of the Centre National du Cinéma et de l’image animée headquarters renovation commissioned us a set of still images and two VR tours.
We started this project with Vray for the stills production.
Meanwhile, we started to test corona and found it really suitable for our needs.
So we had to convert our scenes which was done quite easily.
The result was up to our expectations.
We rendered it all in 8k and after a little bit of post-production in ps and nuke we created the visit in panotour.
Each space includes a night (or day) version and 3 points of view.
You can also enjoy those panoramic tours with Samsung Gear VR, Google Daydream…
Watch it there directely http://www.carmine-crimson.net/pages/vr.
Hope you like it !

2018-04-18, 10:43:20
Reply #1

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Great job, Roxane !
May I ask what software you use to generate your virtual tours (hotspots, controls ...). We recently tried theViewer.co, but much too expensive, so we're looking for other solutions.

Regards.
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2018-04-18, 10:54:57
Reply #2

Marcus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Subdivision
Great job, Roxane !
May I ask what software you use to generate your virtual tours (hotspots, controls ...). We recently tried theViewer.co, but much too expensive, so we're looking for other solutions.

Regards.

Looks like KRPano.
https://krpano.com/

Quick question: Are the lighting-controls a custom script or is this a standard feature?

Best,
Marcus

2018-04-18, 10:56:34
Reply #3

Marcus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Subdivision
Great job, Roxane !

Regards.

PS: I currently looking into VRto.me
It's a bit cheaper.

2018-04-18, 11:41:23
Reply #4

Roxane

• Users
    • View Profile
    • Carmine - Crimson ArchViz Studio
Thanks Nicolas!
We generate our tours with panotour. We tried theViewer.co and all the major other services but they are limited in terms of customization so we prefer to use panotour and host it on our own servers.
Panotour is easy to use (for simple jobs) and you can customize everything with style sheets.
Panotour is based on krpano.

Hi Marcus,
We made the lighting controls with a custom script with custom hotspot.

2018-04-18, 11:47:41
Reply #5

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Thank you for your answer, Roxane.
Actually, I have a krpano license for a while, but stopped using it because of the lack of ergonomy (but maybe it has changed now, never checked the updates). I'll take a look at Panotou, thanks :)
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2018-04-20, 13:18:57
Reply #6

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Thanks Nicolas!
We generate our tours with panotour. We tried theViewer.co and all the major other services but they are limited in terms of customization so we prefer to use panotour and host it on our own servers.

I am currently using Theviewer also, but want to change.
Which version of Panotour are you using.I currently have a VR job, and the client wants to host the images on their own site.

How and what would you recommend to do this.

Thank you
Dell Precision T7910

2018-04-20, 14:58:14
Reply #7

mase

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am currently using Theviewer also, but want to change.
Which version of Panotour are you using.I currently have a VR job, and the client wants to host the images on their own site.

How and what would you recommend to do this.

Thank you

In my opinion, Pano2VR is one of the most versatile software regarding making quality panoramic tours. Although it is quite old, it has great skin editor (which is the UI of the panoramic tour) with features such as logic blocks, timers and stuff. In other words, it is very flexible and allows for various configurations. So if you don't mind spending a day or two, you can create a very unique, functional and most importantly an eye-pleasing user interface.

I've seen so many well executed panoramic tours yet they all are done in those standard user interfaces which imo destroy the whole beauty of a great panoramic tour. Maybe it's just me but I feel like when you watch a panoramic tour, UI should be very minimal, almost non-existent yet very easy to use and functional. All these default navigation images, hot-spot icons or cheesy fade-in transitions look sooo boring and don't add any quality to the architectural images at all. Ignore this if you're not as picky as me though.

2018-04-20, 15:55:18
Reply #8

Erald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The view inside the theater is fantastic! How did you create the projector effect in 3d?

2018-04-20, 16:58:29
Reply #9

Fabien C-C

• Users
    • View Profile
    • Carmine - Crimson  ArchViz Studio
Hi Philip,
We use the latest version of Panotour Pro and upload the result to our server.
There is tons of tutorials available on youtube so it’s quite easy to learn.
You can generate all the needed files directly from panotour and simply upload them to your server.

Hi Mase,
We also tried pano2vr but we find panotour to be more powerful and intuitive (for our needs).

Hi Erald,
the projector is a simple standard spot (shadow map) with different volumes effects rendered separately and comped in nuke.

2018-04-20, 18:38:16
Reply #10

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Thank you for all the feed back.

Have a good weekend.
Dell Precision T7910