Author Topic: 3D Rendering/Modelling PC Build Help Needed  (Read 1747 times)

2018-12-24, 17:56:30

ModelDezign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3D Models and Custom Designs | Register Today for Free 3D Models
I am fairly new to PC building, I have made one before but just followed somebody else's list of parts. My previous build was gaming oriented but now I need a PC strictly for 3D modelling and rendering.

From some research I believe that rendering is heavily CPU based especially with the Corona Renderer and on the other hand, real time rendering is GPU based and modelling large dense scenes with materials requires a lot of RAM.

I mostly need fast "non-realtime" renders so I want most (75%) of my budget of $1000 to go towards my CPU and RAM. And I dont think I need a GPU I think I can get away with just using integrated graphics from my CPU.

Also should I get an extra SSD to put my OS and main files or is not worth it in terms of performance speed once in the software (3Ds Max)?

I genuinely appreciate you taking your time to read this, and helping me with superior knowledge :P

If you have any NewEgg affiliate codes I will gladly use them - its the least I can do :)

Again thank you so much and I am looking forward to your response!

PS. I don’t need any peripherals or OS, and it would be ideal if any of your suggestions where on NewEgg.
For free and paid 3D models browse our library: https://www.modeldezign.com/3d-model-library/

2018-12-24, 21:18:27
Reply #1

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
SSD do not give much performance, only at starting programs, even 3ds max saving have own strange behavior what not takes advantage of ssd.

Yes you can save money from GPU, but integrated video card is bad choice, they are very slow and even more they may gives weird result in graphics software like 3ds max, and AIdenoiser will not work. Minimum gpu for working is 1050ti.

For modeling needs strong cpu in single thread performance as in 3ds max almost all tools is single thread, for rendering need more cores. So for modeling Intel cpu is better, for rendering AMD is better.

For interior rendering in corona 32GB RAM is minimum. For AMD config if you plan to overclock cpu i suggest to take faster RAM they gives better result

good luck

2018-12-24, 23:36:50
Reply #2

ModelDezign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3D Models and Custom Designs | Register Today for Free 3D Models
SSD do not give much performance, only at starting programs, even 3ds max saving have own strange behavior what not takes advantage of ssd.

Yes you can save money from GPU, but integrated video card is bad choice, they are very slow and even more they may gives weird result in graphics software like 3ds max, and AIdenoiser will not work. Minimum gpu for working is 1050ti.

For modeling needs strong cpu in single thread performance as in 3ds max almost all tools is single thread, for rendering need more cores. So for modeling Intel cpu is better, for rendering AMD is better.

For interior rendering in corona 32GB RAM is minimum. For AMD config if you plan to overclock cpu i suggest to take faster RAM they gives better result

good luck

Thank you for your reply and advice! :)

What do you think of this build please feel free to suggest any changes:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pkWNFt
For free and paid 3D models browse our library: https://www.modeldezign.com/3d-model-library/