Author Topic: IPR and Corona scatter  (Read 20975 times)

2016-12-09, 00:09:20

thiagodesul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys! Great work with corona for Blender. I've been waiting for it like ages.

So, I have some questions. Any chance of getting IPR or viewport preview and Corona scatter in blender?

2016-12-09, 00:13:21
Reply #1

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
Viewport preview is impossible as it currently stands.  There is no way to get interim renders out of the standalone.  (Which is also why you don't see the material previews progressively render)

I haven't looked at Corona Scatter at all, is there any doco on it or a sample of it running standalone anywhere?

2016-12-09, 12:05:16
Reply #2

thiagodesul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I know the limitations due Blender GPL issuses, but it even possible to have some kind of real time VFB. For example, the same feature we have in rendered viewport from max, but in the VFB

2016-12-09, 12:56:01
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Viewport preview is impossible as it currently stands.
well, this is a limitation we can work around ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-12-09, 18:29:27
Reply #4

thiagodesul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra you're the best!! Looking forward to make Corona my main renderer instead of octane and this would be great!

2016-12-10, 15:01:51
Reply #5

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Lookin' forward to that too!
"Jack of all trade, but messing up with 3D"
Blender 2.78 Corona Standalone 1.5 / 2016-10-24 Alpha
Win 10 64bit

2017-01-14, 01:07:20
Reply #6

elnino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
Viewport preview would be awesome...it should convince a lot of user to go with corona instead of cycles. Thanks blanchg for the fork!

2017-01-28, 19:06:10
Reply #7

Rp2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
wow Cant wait for Corona Viewport preview :) Everything will be easy after that
Best way to predict the future is to create it..

2017-03-28, 12:52:38
Reply #8

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Glen!

thanks for the great work on the integration :) I am testing it right now very intensively.
Found out that the particle export "acts" like corona scatter in the standalone. the only thing that would be great to add would be the way maps (like voronoi) are able to influence the
particle system like it does with cycles.

funilly when you set up the distribution in cycles with maps and then switch engine to corona it works and the maps are used; it is just that you cannot modify in the texture panel when corona is enabled as render engine...
(see screenshot. shows corona render from blender with two particle systems on a plane).

if this would work, i'd be very happy guy.

:D
unfortunately i am not good in phyton (zero knowledge) - so me contributing other than complaining is out of sight, but if you'd like contact me on skype we could have a chat on this ;)

kind regards from berlin
Lasse

2017-03-28, 17:51:25
Reply #9

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
addition:

if the exporter would export the particle in this syntax like in the screenshot attached it would load and render a lot faster => this is how corona scatter exports into the *.scn

the blender exporter right now creates a geometry group for every scattered object, which takes very long to load the geo when rendering and fills up the ram extremely.
I edited a scene by hand to this syntax and it gets VERY quick :D

if that would be implemented as well - writing like corona scene export syntax there I would be even more happy!

best wishes!
L

2017-03-28, 21:58:34
Reply #10

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Lasse,

I will have a look at the Veroni maps. If it is just a UI panle then it should be easy enough to add.  I haven't seen this before in blender.  Could you attach your example?

As for the output it is a good idea.  This will need some work to make sure that hair particles still get all their geometry.  Maybe a post process to collect all the same geometry together would be best.

Thanks for trying it out.

Glen

2017-03-29, 02:28:36
Reply #11

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found what you are using, it is just a panel, I will add it as part of the next release.  Thanks for pointing it out.

2017-03-29, 09:31:06
Reply #12

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey Glen!
thanks a lot for reply :) (and for your efforts)

If I can contribute in any way, please let me know!
I am getting deep into the corona/blender thing at the moment being a long time max-user, but this combo really felt a bit like a revelation.
I feel - if these two things I just mentioned work - at least for my use (arch-viz) - It would be just perfect.
mass-instancing all the past was always the biggest concern that made me stick to max - but really: if your exporter would export like that shown in my screenshot it would
practically be your corona-scatter implementation.

it is crazy - the way it works right now writing the scn file and compiling the geometry takes long time, whilst using the corona-scatter syntax-method the rendering starts virtually immediately.
I can send you my scn files to compare if you like :D

kind regards!

lasse

2017-03-29, 09:46:43
Reply #13

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Give 4.1.0 a go and let me know if it works like you want

2017-03-29, 10:51:40
Reply #14

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Glen!
thanks a million times :D
It works perfectly!

The maps thing is like it should and the sport also works like it should - the scene loads up super fast and ram-usage also is good:)

I cannot express my level of excitement enough - all I can say is whenever we might meet in person i owe you a lot of beers :D (at least)

best regards
L