Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Physical materials - Volumetrics roughness issue

(1/2) > >>

Mac3DX:
Hi Guys,
Still not quite comfortable with physical materials, when trying to achieve some sort of translucent matte rubber material for instance, I can't achieve the same result as I get with legacy material. When you apply volumetrics scattering it messed up with roughness parameter. Maybe something should be reviewed in order to make it more accurate/intuitive.

burnin:
Care to share scene file exposing an issue and exclude some guessing?

Beanzvision:

--- Quote from: Mac3DX on 2022-07-20, 03:53:51 ---Maybe something should be reviewed in order to make it more accurate/intuitive.

--- End quote ---
Have you looked at our online articles? What exactly are you trying to make anyway? Do you have a real-life reference image?

Mac3DX:

--- Quote from: burnin on 2022-07-22, 08:07:21 ---Care to share scene file exposing an issue and exclude some guessing?

--- End quote ---

Hi,
Try converting that material to physical one, it won't work. Now, try to achieve the same visual with Physical material just with the basic parameters. I couldn't.
When I say I'm not comfortable, I'm exposing a user's point of view. I'm not claiming that the feature doesn't work. MAYBE, I said, it can be improved for a better user experience.

Mac3DX:

--- Quote from: Beanzvision on 2022-07-22, 10:36:40 ---
--- Quote from: Mac3DX on 2022-07-20, 03:53:51 ---Maybe something should be reviewed in order to make it more accurate/intuitive.

--- End quote ---
Have you looked at our online articles? What exactly are you trying to make anyway? Do you have a real-life reference image?

--- End quote ---

Hey, I follow the You Tube videos on Corona's channel, but honestly the usage of volumetrics is still not well covered. Sorry if I'm taking the wrong approach, I'm just trying t get familiar with the the new materials but I'm struggling yet as I reported above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version