Author Topic: A question about licensing  (Read 1394 times)

2016-09-23, 08:56:27

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm sorry if this has been answered or is in the wrong section.

We got a fairsaas license (with 5 render nodes) at work, so that I could evaluate Corona as a potential replacement of V-Ray for the whole group, and I installed the license server on one of our farm nodes (putting my login in the .txt file). What happens if I want to continue testing it at home and activate the license there, without the license server? Will the license server "lose" its activation and will all the render nodes stop functioning?

Thanks. It's working very well so far, there was no problem just replacing V-Ray.

2016-09-23, 18:01:04
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, sorry for the delay. The SaaS licenses are floating, so you can use one license on multiple computers, provided that you have not exceeded the activation limit. So if you have a 1+5 SaaS and you have already activated 6 PCs, then you will get an "activation limit exceeded" warning message after attempting to active one more PC. The solution is to deactivate one or more of the already activated PCs.

More info on floating licenses: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/5000650530-what-is-a-floating-license-
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us