Author Topic: What checks would you do for corona before rendering?  (Read 811 times)

2022-12-05, 16:06:08

amarean

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone, Alexandru from CGIFarm here,

We are curently working on our 3ds max plugin to integrate with our renderfarm API and I would be interested to hear
from experienced corona users what kind of things they check for before submitting the scene for render, I will share the list I have so far:

1. Check that I have same corona version and DR Server on workstation and render nodes.
2. Check if the LUT is custom and if it's on every node, if not, I place the LUT file on a shared folder so all nodes can access it.
3. Check if GI files exist when it's set to load from file
4. If the scene is set to render a sequence will see if UHD cache is iset to Animation to avoid flickering.

These are checks I do specific to corona, I am not listing all scene related checks (has animation, assets path, materials etc..)

We are implementing the checks and the fixes into our plugin and would be great to hear what's in the back of your mind before rendering a scene.
Thank
เบทฟิก

2022-12-06, 15:56:09
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maybe you could check if all render settings are at their factory defaults? If yes - it should work fine. If not - then maybe some settings were changed by accident?

Maybe checking if "render selected" option is enabled or disabled? (it can sometimes be unexpected)

Checking if other required tools/plugins are installed on all computers? (V-Ray, other Chaos tools, iToo,...)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-12-07, 13:44:51
Reply #2

Maybejensen

• Active Users
  • MaybeJensen - Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Maybejensen
- Check to see if region render is turned on would be nice.
- if there's objects with displacement modifier turned off.
- If I'm rendering in perspective and not in camera

MAYBEJENSEN I Working on something I  Ryzen 3950x / RTX 3080