Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Problem with abortet renders. "Render had to be aborted because a bitmap ...

(1/3) > >>

ProxyFuel:
I have some 30+ students that use Corona render and we´ve been teaching and useing corona for many years. Suddenly my students started complaining that they got this error and ther render got abortet.

"Render had to be aborted because a bitmap on disk changed and is being reloaded. Continuing the render could cause crash or undefined behavior"

I found this info on the support page that "solves" the problem but I still don´t understand why everyone suddenly was getting this issue? Is it a corona 8 problem? Only other this that has changed is they use google drive to store files but in ofline mode. 

https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528201114641-Render-had-to-be-aborted-because-a-bitmap-on-disk-changed-and-is-being-reloaded-Continuing-the-render-could-cause-crash-or-undefined-behavior-Bitmap-name-is-XXXX

maru:
Thanks for reporting this. We have at least one more similar report right now.
The issue seems to be related to the asynchronous textures feature which was introduced in Corona 7, but so far we were unable to reproduce it.
Could you please try moving the project and all of its assets including textures from gdrive to a local folder (e.g. simply C:\test\, you can use the 3ds Max "Archive" option). Does the issue also appear after doing this?

ProxyFuel:
Yes it still happens. When it first happend I was sure it was an issue with google drive trying to backup somthing and that made Corona freak out so I told everyone when they doing overnight renders to place project on desktop and just render from there. Still happend.
Could it have anything to do with "relative to the project folder"

maru:
That's very strange. Could please submit a support ticket here and attach any scene where this happened at least once? https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Please also include the following information:
- which version of Corona you are using (including hotfix version)
- which version of 3ds Max
- which version of Windows
- what 3rd party plugins you are using in the problematic scene
- what is the CPU model of the computer where the issue appeared

Thank you in advance.

aaouviz:
I'm experiencing this problem too, in basically every scene. I have turned off the new cache bitmap thing in the scene settings too.

Corona 9 (official release)
Max 2023.1
CPU: Threadripper 2990WX
Windows 10
Plug-ins I'm using; Pulze SM (and RM) and basically no other major plug-ins I can think of

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version