General Category > [Archive] Chaos Corona for Maya

My first try

(1/3) > >>

Nibiru:
Here is my first try at Corona (for Maya)

this one took 30min on a i7 3930K (rez 1920-1080) click on the image for high res (I don't take any credit for the 3d scene (just a scene made public when maxwell renderer came out ))

Rendering 128th pass
Computing primary GI took 16.149 seconds
Rendering took 1780.75 seconds

One basic problem that if I wanna use any kind of textures they all render black, and if I wanna try to use an hdri as a
BG color Maya crushes. And some times if change any shader settings and after I hit render , again it crashes.
Hope to see new updates.

Cheers
Catalin

haggi:
Thanks for reporting these. At the moment only exr and png files are supported. But even if you use other formats, it should not crash. I'll have a look.
Do you have an example which always crashes and you can send me?

Would be nice to hear more from the other beta testers. At the moment I have two feedbacks.

haggi:
Thanks to your input I could find the hdr problem and do a check before using the texture. If it is not supported, an error message is printed. I think a pre-render check with a warning popup windows could be useful if there are some unsupported file formats.

Nibiru:
looks like it works ok with png's , the problem now is that I cant use
any of the options in the  place 2d Texture node (repeat uv rotate . etc )
also the texture looks (dark) it needs a gamma 2.2 boost,  to look the right way (I will try to use a gamma node to see if this work properly)

I will test it some more the following days see what comes out.

Cheers
Catalin

haggi:
Indeed I was wrong, you can use jpg, bmp, png and exr files. Except the file node, you cannot use any of the other nodes! Shading networks of any kind are not supported because Corona does not yet have a built-in node based shading network available yet. Maybe I can check if I can use the gamma method on the file texture node, but I'm not sure at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version